Thread: 1999 ECM Program Performance?

TurboDiverArt Guest

Hi All,

In searching for more information I came across the following quotes in 2 different threads.

6.5L Turbo Diesel

Art the 99 is a HO program 215Hp up from 185 IIRC
    Tim, 98GM K1500 6.5TD(L56/L65), Heath PCM,3.73 gear,4L80 tr,4" exh,Amz air filt&dual oil flts, Heath remote FSD, TDO-7 clone turbo, Heath fan clutch,mandrel crossover, pilar gage BST/EGT/TRN, remote elec fan tran cool,alum trn pan

TurboDiverArt Guest

Is 1999 the only year for this HO program?

Does the engine still benefit from a brain transplant like previous years?

Thanks,
    Art.

Art I think it's 99-01 that is HO program, if you already have that from my experience at trying a reflash not much difference between that and the Z-ind reflash many sell, maybe I got a bad box but difference between the 2 for $600+ core wasn't worth it.

I'll soon be re-testing Bill Heath's reflash which according to his literature and discussion on phone is a different program than Z that primarily adds fuel but without addressing air, timing, and shift curves. I had problems with making theft deterrent learn work properly constant SES lit.

TurboDiverArt Guest

Good news that you're going to test out Bill's ECM. That was the one I was thinking of using eventually...

To me it doesn't seem like the truck pulls very hard once out of first gear but that could be the stock exhaust with CAT and worn stock (I think) injectors.

Thanks for the input,
    Art.