Thread: Temporary Mount Towing Mirrors

Default Temporary Mount Towing Mirrors

I have a 2004 GMC crewcab 2500 diesel. I have power adjust heated mirrors with the standard black plastic casing. The mirrors are not the telescoping out type for wide trailers. That is my reason for writing. I am buying a larger boat then the one I have now and the boat is about a foot wider. I would like to know what type of temporary clamp on towing mirror GMC owners with the standard mirrors who tow wide loads use. I have seen the slip over type by Cipa they look like the best for me. Can anyone recomend the right model number or style to buy? THANKS!

Sorry, can't give you the right part number, but can confim that CIPA are the ones to use. I've had them for 5 years now, and am very pleased with them.
    1997 Chevy K2500 E/C Auto - K & N Filter, 3" exhaust, no cat. Midas Flowmaster muffler, Kennedy ECM, Peninsular Diesel Marine upper intake manifold, 3-gauge 'B' Pillar gauge pod, Autometer Phantom gauges, Boost, EGT, and Tranny temp. Homemade air/air intercooler setup, with puller fan. Phazer Gear timing, Fluidampr harmonic balancer, 250,000 kms.
    2009 25' Springdale 5th wheel trailer
    1978 Z28 4sp Camaro (in middle of restoring it)
    1963 Dodge 2 dr. Hdtp., Model 440 (will be a Max Wedge clone)
    1979 GL1000 (Honda Goldwing)

I purchased the CIPA type slip on mirrors from Camping World here:

http://www.campingworld.com/order/wi...&cord_Group=11

They worked great for my boat and Travel Trailer. They were also an inexpensive fix to seeing a wider load. No vibration at all.

When I upgraded to a 5th Wheel three years ago, I needed more glass area in the vertical to see more of the trailer. So I went with the TTT replacement mirrors. A lot more expensive and replacement mirror for the factory unit. Still need more mirror in the vertical plane, but would probably look strange on the truck.
    '02 Chev 2500HD EC/SB 4x4 D/A