Thread: What do you think of this 6.6

Lightbulb What do you think of this 6.6

Hey, I am new to the forum and to diesels. I am considering purchasing this truck. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether this would be a good purchase.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...096016573&rd=1

You are probably better off buying a new '07 classic and get the rebates.... Yes there are a lot of them still out there.

Personally, I wouldn't buy vehicles off ebay unless I could see them in person and drive them. My $.02

I forgot to mention that I spoke with the owner and the reserve price is $27500. If I can this truck for under $29000 that would be at least $7K cheaper than a new truck. Just seems like a good deal to me.

I think at $29,000 I'd get tired of manual windows and door locks real fast in a crew cab. They don't put lock cylinders on the passenger side anymore, so you better have long arms if your full size truck doesn't have power locks, unless you never carry passengers (but then you wouldn't need a crew cab).

My '96 doesn't have power windows or locks and my right shoulder isn't as good as it used to be. I end up walking around to the far side and using the key to unlock it, but you can't even do that on a new truck (unless they do put the key lock on when they don't have power locks). Whatever replaces the '96 will have at least power locks.

If those aren't problems for you, try this:
    kbb trade value = $21,680
    kbb private sale value = $24,931
    That's for a 2006 GMC 2500HD, Crew, Short, 4x4, work truck, no cruise, no CD or Tape, no options, 31,000 miles. Fair condition (Needs tires, paint and body work to be in retail condition).

I'll pass. It's a good truck, but it's not for me, and I think the current owner is too proud of it.
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC D/ZF SB Fire Red 2WD no longer the fastest stocker up the hill at the TDP Pull Off. -sold-
    2004 Chevy Suburban 5.3L 2WD
    1996 GMC Sierra 1500 5.0L 5sp 2WD LB

I would pass too. Alot of basic truck for to much.

I got my 06 for 42k otd. I bet you can get a used LBZ/SL2 for that same 30K price with alot more user friendly bling.

FB
    2006 GMC D/A C/C S/B, Snug Top Shell, Bed-slider
    33 inch Toyos, 17/8 Pro Comp Wheels, 4 in SS MBRP Exhaust-Turbo back, Evolution Tune, Mag-Hytec on Rear and Trans, Tranco Jr Shift Kit.

Lightbulb '07 for 42K

I just got an '07 Classic, DA CC SB LT3 for 42K out the door.

Better than 29K for a year old truck with less equipment.

Agree with thoughts about power equip as already mentioned.

Mine has 3/36 B2B and 5yr/ 100K drivetrain also.

Consider new IMHO.

Mike
    07 Silverado 2500HD LT3 D/A CC SB, Astro cap, all in Blue Granite Metallic. H2 chrome wheels with 265/70-17 Pirelli Scorpions. Autometer Boost and Pyro mounted overhead. Luverne stainless nerf bars, BedRug, PML trans pan and high cap diff cover.

03 Cardinal 31BH travel trailer weighing in at 9600# loaded and ready to go.

2 x 07 Sea Doo GTX PWC's, 3 Passenger and able to tow skier, tube, etc

02 VW Jetta GL TDI automatic, 42 MPG winter, 47 summer, 96K.

00 VW Jetta GLS TDI 5 speed, Rocket Chip 3 Euro with hi flow injectors. 48 MPG winter, 54 MPG summer. 142K.

For what it's worth. They were asking $32,000 for my 04 Sierra down in Del Rio last Spring. Had 44K on it. Absolutely like new, in and out. And loaded. I got 3 to 5 K$ more for my Dodge trade-in than I expected, compared to what I would get back in Vermont. Bought it at a GMC dealership, too. Best thing is, I still love the truck after a year with it. Oh. It came with a Hypertech tuner, too. Not the best tuner out there, but on level 3, the thing flat scoots. I've embarassed a couple of BMWs and a few others. Point is, I think, like some of the others, that you can do better than the E-bay deal.
    Good luck.
    Dick Wells
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.