I found a switch that converts it to super economy mode! hahahhahaa
Just tipped 6000 miles. Over the last 150 miles or so, DIC has shown major improvements in mileage. Where DIC used to tell me I struggled to make 17.3, for the last 250 miles or so, that number has gone up. Way up. The last 3 drives to work and back(on different days), DIC says 18.5! Woohoo! As the road opens up, I'm tickling 19mpg. Best showing on DIC is 18.9. This is empty, CC single wheel K3500. If I had no traffic, I know I could top 19. Amazing as it is, what's even more weird is the fact this improvement seems to have come seemingly overnight. These improvements came some 2 weeks after an old post I put up about being somewhat disappointed about the mileage. I've been tracking this to see if it's real and it is. (if I calculate Fuel Used v. Trip A it's usually within .5mpg). I've been resetting Average Econ with every fillup as per someones recommendation and it's been working good.
NOW I'm impressed. VERY impressed. These numbers aren't from pure effort either. I haven't excatly been driving with the egg under my foot, but I also haven't been heavy into the pedal. I've gingerly driven this truck to work before in the early miles and couldn't manage these numbers. Seems it's finally started "loosening" up. And all this with my awesome heated seats, auto darkening side mirror and SUNROOF!