Thread: efi live with edge

Default efi live with edge

i have a 02 dmax with edge juice with attitude, cold air intake and a 4-inch exhaust. a recently tuned my truck with efi live. iwas wondering if i could leave the edge unit still plugged in on zero for the use of the gauges. i switch to efi live because i have gone through 3 edge units in 6 months. but i really like the features of the attitude for guages and soforth. i m not interested in stacking them together for more power. the efi power is a lot smoother.

The edge on 0 still adds timing. Sell the edge and get real gauges, they will be more accurate anyway. I just went though the same scenario.

thanx. i guess thats bad adding timing?? how do you like efi live over the edge. the edge power was awesome but the reliablity was not. are their any other units like the edge attitude (digital display of many parrameters) out there that i could use that don't need to run off a modual that i could use for my gauges?
    2002 duramax , afe stage2 intake and mbrp 4 inch exhuast, efi live, bfg 285/75/16's

Don't have efilive yet. Waiting for Kennedy to get in a lift pump wiring harness, so I can have him do everything at once.

Yes there are stand alone monitors like the edge attitude. Scangauge comes to mind.

If you stay out of the timing tables OR proceed with caution you should be fine. You'll have to pay attention to what your engine is telling you though.

Personally, when I write a tune I tell the customer to take most everything off the truck.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!