Thread: I Think I Hose My Crank

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I Think I Hose My Crank

PLEASE HELP.....Thought that I was doing this right, but obviously not. I have a 1992 6.2L N/A Diesel and was in the middle of a tear down of the front end....was going to replace water pump, harmonic balancer, timing Chain, etc.

The problem started today with the Harmonic Balancer...I have looked though two different manuals and it does not state to remove or not remove the big nut on the Harmonic Balancer..I have been digging through these forums and one guy made a comment to another who was having trouble pulling his HB off DID YOU TAKE YOUR BOLT OUT. Well, I DID(I was able to get the beast off)...and I think I screwed up. Because it looks like I have pulled two inches of the crank out the front with the HB puller.

So my next question....what the hell did I do wrong...was the bolt suppose to stay on...is the HB just pressed on...if so...how the heck would you press it on with the bolt on.... the HB Puller is at the end at the HB is still on, so did I mess up the lower end of the engine.

I'm suppose to be pulling my trailer down to Tennessee the 1st of next month....looks like I screwed the truck up big time.
    Attached Images Attached Images