Thread: 6.5 Shuts down, no wait to start light

Default 6.5 Shuts down, no wait to start light

Last night I was driving with my family and all the sudden the truck shut down as I was idling at a stop sign. When I tried to restart it wouldn't. I noticed that as I turned the key on, the wait to start light did not go on. As I continued to turn the key on and off, about every 5th time, the wait to start light would flash for a half second and the truck would start and die after about 10 seconds. I also noticed that the throttle body and service engine soon lights flickered but did not stay on.

After sitting for about 5 minutes, I turned the key on and sure enough the wait to start light came on, the throttle body light stopped flickering and it started up and made it home with no codes. I have a new PMD with remote mount and it was cool to touch.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

It'd would be nice to know what year vehicle we're talking about. In the absence of any information other than it's a 6.5, I'd say battery connections or ignition switch...
    The Constitution needs to be re-read, not re-written!

If you can't handle Dr. Seuss, how will you handle real life?

Current oil burners: MB GLK250 BlueTEC, John Deere X758
    New ride: MB GLS450 - most stately
    Gone but not forgotten: '87 F350 7.3, '93 C2500 6.5, '95 K2500 6.5, '06 K2500HD 6.6, '90 MB 350SDL, Kubota 7510

my bad. 1996 GM 2500, 6.5. If it turns over and lights work, could that still mean battery? The batteries are not new.

Thank you