Thread: LMM Fuel Economy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Craigth,
    Calculating MPG is pretty simple. Never trust the on board info.

With your LMM your mods are hurting your mileage. The 6" lift and 305's are doing a 4-5 MPG hit. My experience with lift and big tires has always shown this. On my 2004.5 Duramax the pickup went from 19-21 MPG highway to 12-14 when I lifted and 305's.
    I think the best mod for mileage is a Scanguage and using the "right foot mod".
    The only time my mileage on the LMM is sub 10 is when pulling a 24 ft goosneck with a 18K backhoe on it. If I drive like a bat outta hell I can even get 4-5 MPH.

Arrow

Those who shift their wants & needs more toward fuel economy should consider modifying their trucks along these lines:

Lowering the truck and adding aerodynamic improvements will help with fuel economy.

Jim

Default Lmm Fuel Economy

my 08 Silverado LTZ crew-short box LMM averaged 17.5 local driving. I swapped the ECM to a Kennedy custom and piced up 2 more mpg. have not tested it yet on a trip. all stock except for the ECM

Quote Originally Posted by 02bymorris View Post
    my 08 Silverado LTZ crew-short box LMM averaged 17.5 local driving. I swapped the ECM to a Kennedy custom and piced up 2 more mpg. have not tested it yet on a trip. all stock except for the ECM
    Even the exhaust system is still stock?
    08 Blue Granite Silverado LTZ, DMax/Ally, CC/LB/4x4, Cab lights, Camper mirrors, Brake controller, Sunroof, Park assist, and skinny tires

06 Jetta TDI

00 Jayco 263RK (2nd home)

upgraded to an "09" Ranger 619VS/full windsheilds, w/an ETEC 225HO, T8 kicker, Minnkota 101 Terrova, and Lowrance electronics.

Real Trucks have LONG BEDS!

Towing I get 10-11 and thats towing heavy, gross wt of 19k +. Local driving I get 14 -15 and the dic is usually around 15.4. On a highway run with few starts and stops and keeping the speed at 55 - 60 it will do 19+. On the same run at 65 it knocks mileage down to 17. All hand calculated. I can usually tell a regen if I watch the dic because it will go down about 2 mpg from where it normally will be. My LLY would do a little better than the LMM, but not much. I like the truck.
    08 2500HD LMM D/A Ext cab sb LT1 4x4 Greystone Metallic. 265 75r 16 Mastercraft Courser C/T 10 ply's. B&W GN. Pull 20' STL Featherlite Combo trlr.