Thread: LMM Fuel Economy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Duramaster
    What did you think of that downturn pipe just ahead of the rear differential?

The C-4500/ C-5500 trucks are the same way. Looks kind of scary!
    I think GM would rather peel up road stripes than torch pedestrians.....If it ever comes to that.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Arrow

What did you think of that downturn pipe just ahead of the rear differential?

The C-4500/ C-5500 trucks are the same way. Looks kind of scary!
    The pickups use an exhaust tip that exits under the right rear of the rear bumper. Only the chassis cabs (& medium-duty trucks apparently) get the exhaust tip ahead of the rear axle.

I'll have close-up pics of all this in an upcoming article, but the tip exit looks way too close to the right rear shock....

Jim

DIC average for dealer delivery was 17.4. My LLY was about the same when I first picked it up.

i get around 17 empty on highway and 7-9 towing 7000# 28' enclosed car trailer

I hope to see the 17 mpg empty. I got 15 on the way home tonight from the dealer... 2007 3500 CC Diesel, 4x4 Long Bed, SRW.
    2007 Silverado, 3500HD, 4X4, CC, Long Bed, SRW, LMM Diesel, Navi, DVD, Roll-N-Lock Cover, ICI Running Boards, CoastalEtech GM Lockpick for DVD/Nav changes in Motion, Back-up Camera...

2006.5 VW Jetta Special Edition TDI - Blue Graphite - European Spec VW Fact. Nav Radio.

Enroute to work I reset the avg. fuel mileage on the DIC just to see what numbers would come out. 35 miles of mostly level at 70 mph. 21.3 on the DIC.

Default I must be doing somthing wrong

9,000 miles, I have not seen anything above 14.9 - empty. 10 MPG towing 30ft trailer. I have been to dealer twice now. No help there - they have been good about it, but no help. They suggested a programer. I have installed a KN filter and superchip, runing in safe tow. I was told safe tow will offer the best mileage. No change. I checked tire pressure, all is good. I love this truck but fuel prices are going to make me park it.
    (I'm not comparing, but my son has the Ford 7.3 we just drove to NM. About 950 miles - towing a small trailer about 1,000 lbs. Got 29 MPG!!! I wouldn't have belived it if I didn't see it with my own eyes!!!)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Larry
    2007 Chevy, 2500HD, Crewcab, 4WD, LBZ,SWB.
    Larry

I have run 3 tanks of fuel through my new 2007. It is the 2500 crewcab. I filled up today and found I got 14.6 MPG on routine and city driving. I was hoping for better, will it get better? Going camping this weekend will let you all know how that goes pulling my trailer...
    Mark
    2007 2500 HD Shortbed Crewcab

I have a new 2007 GMC 2500HD duramax diesel. With 3 tanks of gas and 1,127 miles on the odometer, the computer shows 18.1 mpg. I have manually calculated it to 17.86 mpg.

Mostly short 20 mile runs with some daily city traffic and aprox 125 miles pulling a 3,000# trailer.

So what's the secret to all this amazing mileage I am reading about? I am on my 4th tank of fuel and average about 13 mpg city/highway. I drive about 65 on the freeway and my driving is pretty evenly split between city and highway.
    Granted I have the 4x4 and usually have to drive with the AC on but I can't imagine those factors make a huge difference. Am I missing something? TIA
    2007.5 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 4x4 D/A LMM

Default I was thinking about new, but...

All this talk makes me want to keep my 2002 LB7, no matter what it costs to keep it running! I've consistently gotten 18-19 mpg from day one, peaked at 21 in the first year, on a full-to-empty flat road trip...

Scott
    2002 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab/DA/LB in... Pewter!

Just thought I would post an update. I did a 5 day offroading trip last week and averaged 9 MPG(DIC and calculated) towing over 14,000# on freeways an mountain roads. Not too shabby, IMO.
    Unloaded my truck is still pretty consistantly getting just over 13 MPG with mostly city(60%) driving. Unloaded on the freeway today, I was able to get 19 MPG over about 100 miles at 69 MPH. That dropped down to 14.5 shotrly after I got off the freeway, however.
    2007.5 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 4x4 D/A LMM

Default Fuel Mileage

I am getting 17.8 MPG on mine, I topped off yesterday at half tank, I had 245 miles on the trip meter and it took 13.7 gals to top it off and I hand calculated the mileage and this is what I got. I did not check it against the DIC, Truck has 400 miles on it so far and still breaking in. I usually fill at half tank because it is a lil easier on the pocket at times, Diesel is at $3.24 a gallon here. I had it on the Highway with most of the mileage before I topped it off to see what it would do. I will keep a check on the Fuel mileage on it, so far I am happy with it.

Exclamation

Hmmm...you guys posting on this site don't seem to have the luck/mpgs that the folks have over at the other site (DP) get..

I hope they are closer to what to expect than what I see here or I will be sadly disappointed in the new truck.
    08 Blue Granite Silverado LTZ, DMax/Ally, CC/LB/4x4, Cab lights, Camper mirrors, Brake controller, Sunroof, Park assist, and skinny tires

06 Jetta TDI

00 Jayco 263RK (2nd home)

upgraded to an "09" Ranger 619VS/full windsheilds, w/an ETEC 225HO, T8 kicker, Minnkota 101 Terrova, and Lowrance electronics.

Real Trucks have LONG BEDS!