Thread: New Here

Default New Here

Hello All,

I am new here to the Forum and just wanted to say hello, I picked up my new truck last week. It's an 07 GMC Sierra Classic SLT 4x4 CC/DRW (LBZ) and I couldn't be happier with it, it's got 793 miles on it now and it's averaging just over 17mpg mostly city driving back and forth to work in bumper to bumper traffic. I pulled my 16,000# trailer/backhoe this past weekend for the first time and can't say enough about the LBZ's Power and the 6 speed Allison, I've had a 99 6.5L in the past and a 93 CC/DRW 454 most recently, and I am so happy I made the decision to go with the D-max, what a difference, I will no longer worry about the long upgrades that used to be a problem. Also, thank god for Disk brakes, WOW what a difference from rear drums. I've already learned alot of good info from this site, and hope to learn even more as time goes by.

Thanks for all the info.

Last edited by etkeeny; 04-11-2007 at 09:08.
    2007 GMC 3500 Classic SLT 4x4 CC/DRW (LBZ)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l6/etkeeny/07GMC.jpg

Arrow Welcome to the board!

Great looking truck! It is amazing how well the Duramax does with a heavy load. Would make it hard to go back to gas.....

Jim

Talking

I'm sure glad that you chose a GMC! It is a much better looking truck thatn the Chevrolet. And now.................. THe new Chevy is uglier yet with it's big ugly chrome garbage to the left and right of the bumper!

Happy hauling!!!

Thanks, My last truck was a Chevy, And when I looked at the new ones I just kinda liked the GMC trim better. I was going to wait and get the new body style Sierra, but I decided to get the Classic, I'm just not sure I want the first model year of the new body style, I think I'll wait until they get all the bugs worked out.
    2007 GMC 3500 Classic SLT 4x4 CC/DRW (LBZ)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l6/etkeeny/07GMC.jpg

I like the new body, I just wonder how the emiisions will work out. I guess I will find out soon enough.