Quick briefing on problem.

01' 75K on it, airaid intake, 4" magna flow. Throwing overboost code while towing on average highway grades. Does not do it on every grade, and the grade does net seem to matter (steepness).

Dealer says it is the aftermarket stuff and wants to put it back to stock, and that "will solve all my problems". I argue that I bought the truck with $1K worth of better equipment and I want it. Plus it gets more power and better fuel economy. Chevy/dealership STRONGLY disagrees.

Many members here have said on 02' reflash would work, and has worked for some. The dealership says this is impossible unless they could find the exact truck in an 02' and give the computer it's VIN. They say all trucks are different in minor ways and a reflash needs to be specific to a VIN. They say they plug the truck in and it "talks" to Detroit and they do all the reflash. Is this true or B.S.?

I know I donot have the only truck with this problem, there have got to be hundreds if not thousands that have done these specific upgrades (intake,exhaust), why are they not having problems? Or how did they fix them? I know JK will say come talk to me and I will make all of your problems dissapear! Thanks JK! I do want to do a custom tune from JK but just dont have the cash right now. Plus now it's getting to be a pissing contest between myself and the dealership.

Thanks for any help! Shed