Thread: 3.73 axle housing/gears & shafts & calipers

Default 3.73 axle housing/gears & shafts & calipers

From a 99 chevy silverado 1500 pickup with 68k on it. carrier is only thing missing. Have calipers and new E-brake cable. Make offer, I just don't wanna throw it away or scrap it. Hopefully someone has a use for it.

Zip code is 48317
    2001 GMC SAVANA 1 TON WORK VAN
    6.5 TD ALL STOCK

6 or 8 lug?
    Semi-floating, I assume.
    96 Suburban K2500 6.5L TD. High miles and daily driven (for now). Remote mount FSD with cooler, Turbo Master/Boost fooler, 4" Jardine turbo back exhaust, 2.5" cross-over pipe, Boost, EGT, & Tranny temp gauges, working on more.

6 lug..........semi floating
    2001 GMC SAVANA 1 TON WORK VAN
    6.5 TD ALL STOCK

Arrow

BTW - I paid about $700 for all of the rear disc brake components a couple of years ago - the same components that are on the axle you're selling. I used the new parts to convert a 1997 drum-equipped 6-lug 14-bolt rear axle to discs.

The axle housing you have would make for an easy upgrade to discs for anyone with a 90's 1500-series truck/SUV with a drum equipped 10-bolt rear axle (I'm assuming the axle you're selling is a 10-bolt). The spring perches might need to be moved, but everything else should be right. If you're selling a 14-bolt semi-floater, it's even a better deal (stronger axle).

Jim