Thread: 6.2/6.5 Diesel Conversions - The High Points

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by kyle41005 View Post
    what about a 5 speed i noticed diesels clutches are all different numbers from gas motors, even when they dont have the dual mass flywheel, is there anyway to reuse a gas clutch/flywheel? are the crankshaft patterns the same where your flywheel/flexplate bolts on?
    The diesel flywheels, clutches and pressure plates are specific to the diesels. Gas versions won't work.

Jim

Default swapped 454 for 6.2

i cant seem to get it started now that its in my one ton

finally got it runnin but its kinda rigged.i still need to find the power steering brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by More Power View Post
    The diesel flywheels, clutches and pressure plates are specific to the diesels. Gas versions won't work.

Jim
    the clutchpak off 454 is the same as 6.2.the flywheel is different but the clutchpak is the same part number.at least thy are on a 4 spd

Default C ya

are one and two peice rear mains the same as far as the flywheel

mark

Quote Originally Posted by duallyman30 View Post
    the clutchpak off 454 is the same as 6.2.the flywheel is different but the clutchpak is the same part number.at least thy are on a 4 spd
    The clutch disc used with the dual-mass diesel flywheel does not have any internal springs or dampers. The clutch disc used with the newer single-mass diesel flywheel incorporates a series of springs/dampers.

So.... you have to be sure what flywheel you have before ordering/installing a replacement clutch disc.

are one and two peice rear mains the same as far as the flywheel

mark
    The same flywheel/flexplate can be used on either rear main seal engine.

Jim