Thread: Converting early gas MH to Duramax? Possible?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nice... Glad you decided to try it. Good luck with locating all of the parts to do it. In the MH's I've driven all where 2003 and Newer, 40' with either cummins or cat motors and the allision tranny. They had the shifter you are talking about. It appears to be all electrical and I have seen them mounted on the arm rest, on the dash to the left AND right of the steering wheel. One had it in the center console area which was still reachable by the driver. They seem to be fairly flexible for mounting.

You may want to look in a MH junkyard to get the tranny and controller you need?

I look forward to updates!
    2007 Silverado, 3500HD, 4X4, CC, Long Bed, SRW, LMM Diesel, Navi, DVD, Roll-N-Lock Cover, ICI Running Boards, CoastalEtech GM Lockpick for DVD/Nav changes in Motion, Back-up Camera...

2006.5 VW Jetta Special Edition TDI - Blue Graphite - European Spec VW Fact. Nav Radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
    You may want to look in a MH junkyard to get the tranny and controller you need?
    I look forward to updates!
    One of the questions that I need to get answered is what trans controllers are compatible with the Duramax's ECM. Will a TCM that originally was used with a Cummins or International also work with a Duramax (GM) ECM or will GM's propietory programing also require a GM TCM to be compatable. Are the plugs compatable? I expect the transmissions to all be the same, just different controllers so I should be able to plug a GM TCM into any Allison transmission regarless of source.

Everyone's thoughts are welcome.
    Stephen H.
    BigRabbitMan
    1976 FMC Motor Coach #1046
    Formerly 440, now LBZ
    Rear engined w/4 wheel independent suspension.
    Tow car: 1987 Subaru Brat 4x4
    http://www.fmcowners.com/mbbs22/phot...asp?albumid=77

Default LBZ arrived

Here is a link to where pictues of the engine I purchased are posted. The first couple of pictures are what I purchased and the last three are what greated me at the trucking terminal.
    http://www.fmcowners.com/mbbs22/phot...asp?albumid=29

I have just secured an engine stand and will now attach the engine to it where I can assess the shipping damage so that a claim can be submitted and so that the engiine will be properly stored and ready to be worked on when the time arrives.
    Stephen H.
    BigRabbitMan
    1976 FMC Motor Coach #1046
    Formerly 440, now LBZ
    Rear engined w/4 wheel independent suspension.
    Tow car: 1987 Subaru Brat 4x4
    http://www.fmcowners.com/mbbs22/phot...asp?albumid=77