I know that I am resurrecting an old thread but I have a couple things to input ... the DD engines can be picked up fairly reasonably any where that there is very much oil feild or mining in the erea ... lots of old pumps and blowers were ran on these engines ....

If someone wants a couple 4-53 engines I have two of them in my boat ... I would like to replace them with either 6BT's or 4BT's ... I just lneed to find the front and rear acceries for the one that runs in reverse ... and the 4-53 is not capable of 170 HP on its own w/o going to a twin turbo setup ... and you would have a hard time cooling it at that HP ... the ones in my boat have 92 series infectors in them and the big turbos ... and then an even larger turbo that runs both engines and are putting out 175 each ... but not capable of that running independently ... and they have unlimited cooling capacity with oversized oil coolers and cooled by the ocean water ... through brass heat exchangers ...

My boat is a 31' mahogany boat thats 11.5' wide ... and weighs a whopping 27Klbs ... Its a major load on my chevy ..