I am going ahead with converting a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee to diesel using a 6.2. I have the engine in, it is a tight fit and took some massaging of the sheetmetal. I still need to fab some engine mounts and get everything aligned right, but it appears to fit, barely!
Couple Questions.....for now.

1. Can I use the in-tank fuel pump to replace the mechanical? I need to remove the mechanical pump as I believe it will interfere with the engine mount. The engine mount has to be farther forward due to the front differential trailing arm mount. Or should I just buy a lift pump from a 90s truck?

2. To gain some hood clearance, can I use a turbo style intake? My thought is to run a tube to an air box. I have the old intake off my K3500 6.5, but I need the hat.

3. For the cabin heater, can I run my heater hoses in and out of the left & right ports on the rear of the heads? Extra cooling when the heat is on ? Or how can I use the port on the front crossover like in the GM truck, as the Grand Cherokee radiator does not have a port for the heater return.

4. Does anyone have a photo of the "V" belt routing on a 6.2 with AC? Photos of brackets?
As this project progress I will post more info and pictures. It is still in a beginning stage and I am trying to get everything to fit. The PS pump is a close fit and the hose piping will need some reworking to fit. I plan to use the hydroboost and MC from the truck and eliminate the ABS on the Jeep. It should get real interesting when I get to the wiring. Hopefully I can transfer most of the Grand Cherokee wiring.

The plan is to try and use what I have around here, 6.2, and a 700R4 from a 1983 2500. I want this to be a "budget build". I am still looking for a transfer case I can just bolt up. I am having the trans redone but I do not plan to redo the 6.2. I have an extra 6.2, 1985 military van, (it had a rod knock and then stopped running while idling one day when I went to move it, now appears to have locked), behind the barn which I can take parts from, which has already proven useful. Someone put new heads on it, but I think they did not put it back together right as almost every bolt I have taken off was partially lose or only hand tight.

Thanks in advance for your help. Any other ideas or input is appreciated.

Hans H.