Thread: newbie here, exhaust question

Talking newbie here, exhaust question

Hi All,

I am new here, just purchased a new 07 GMC classic crew cab w/ the LBZ, the dealership said I could put an exhaust from the cat-back as long as it didn't restrict it more (what could restrict it more than stock )

anyway... any of you have any sugguestions for cat-back systems for an LBZ

Sam

Persnaly, I'd put a MBRP full system in and if necessary you can always re-insert the cat. On my 2007 I am taking a different approach so for. It is bone stock except for my Tune. It's just so nice the way it is. Eventually, I'll probably uncork it, but for now it runs so darn quiet.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Smile warrenty & milage

those are my main two concerns, it's only a week old now, I don't want to jepordise my warrenty , trying for some more milage

is a cat-back not worth it?
    my main purpose for this truck is pulling a 24' enclosed car hauler, weighing in at about 8-9000#

I had a '04 6.0 gasser, after my trip to Calgary, I knew I needed the D-max

Sam

I honestly couldn't tell you about the mpg thing as I've never done a study. My 2002 and 2005 had exhaust as one of their first mods so I never could quantify any gains. My LBZ still runs stock exhaust and just my custom tuning. I've been able to run at about the same MPG (20.5) as the others do for me. The 2005 may run a bit better mpg yet, but I've had more time tuning that one.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Question kennedy

do you offer a cat-back system, I was checking out the magnaflow, the corsa one is awful pricey, I'm used to playing with big block chevys, don't know what's offered for diesels

I want to wait a while before I get into playing with the tune well...it's not that I want too, darn warrenty

MBRP sells a very good fitting system, I have there 409 stainless cat back on my truck. They also offer a front pipe that can be put on after if you wanted to up grade to a full system. Un corked the duramax is slightly to loud for my likeing with the cat even towing its still very mellow with a slight bark.

also a tune with a 2nd ECM is the best money you could spend when it comes to power... Jk's got it nailed down , big power no smoke and works with stock stuff.
    93 c-2500 6.5td,96 6.5td x cab,01 GMC lb7 Xcab ,2004 lly crew cab ,2006 lbz crew cab,honda CBR1100xx,2003 polaris prox 700 , 2001 31' holiday rambler 10K lbs house on wheels!

Question

I can get a steal of a deal on a magnaflow cat-back or turbo back

does anyone know if the magna cat-back can be upgraded like that too?
    http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/image.php
    07 GMC CC SB LBZ
    70 monte carlo, original 4 spd, bench seat
    71 monte carlo SS clone, street/strip
    97 grand am, beater

You can use a Turbo Back System and you can weld in one of our universal diesel spun cats. This should allow you to keep you factory warranty.

well my exhaust should finally be here today, can't wait to put it on, but it has to go to the dealership first, the bumper was dented before I got it, they have to replace it, then I can uncork it
    http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/image.php
    07 GMC CC SB LBZ
    70 monte carlo, original 4 spd, bench seat
    71 monte carlo SS clone, street/strip
    97 grand am, beater