Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
I will give an updated installment to my opinion.

I guess my opinion does carry some weight around here on these issues

I bought my first GM diesel back in the 80's. It was an Olds Cutlass calais with the little 260 diesel. (1979)

It was a lovely little rig. Got 27 MPG on the Hwy and 22 around town.

Had to work on the thing a lot to keep it going but it cost me very little to buy.

The next rig was an 82 Blazer/Jimmy 4x4 with the 6.2
Ran the wheels off that little beast. Loved it a bunch.

The next rig we got was a 1986 6.2 Burb 2500
Put a Bazzilion miles on the thing. Never had much issue either.

Bought a 1993 GMC pickup 2500 4x4 Ext cab with the 6.5 (New)
Had good luck with that rig, traded it off in 94 for a Dually crewcab 4x4 and this truck had the first of the infamous electronic injection systems.

Truck was nice but the problems with the electronics took some of the fun out of it.

Bought a 95 Burb new in August of 95 was on order for 7 months.

Lovely rig, same issues with the electronics though.
Traded that truck off in 97 for a 95 Burb with a 454 (gas still affordable)

Tried a Ford Powerstroke in 97 SOLD that lemon in 2000 and bought an 86 GMC crewcab 4x4 with a 454.

Loved that beast, hated the mileage.

2004 in the spring saw the 95 Gas Burbs demise due to a broken tie rod and resultant crash.

Then came a return to the diesel Burbs. Bought the 94 that we currently have followed by another that was almost identical. (Had two the same color)

I must be insane for buying all these rigs (and this is only a few that we have owned) Many gassers and other toys)

June of 2007 saw the old 86 crewcab off to a new home and the current DaHooooley come into the family.

Currently 2 6.5 rigs here.

I guess my overall opinion is this. The 6.5 is a good engine but it needs to be in the hands of someone who understands the little beasts and is willing to get their hands dirty from time to time

Certainly not for the individual who knows nothing about what goes on under the hood.

I would if I could buy a brand new 1995 6.5 Burb in a heartbeat if they were available.

With todays technology and the aftermarket to fix the issues they are a great piece of equipment.

Now with the availability of the new engines from AMG/GEP they are most certainly top notch.

Gotta love the 6.5 diesel

Best

Robyn
Roybn- Please tell me what amg/gep is. I need a 6.5 asap. Please reply or richacton@gmail.com or 719-207-1750 - anything would help, newbie(bvelectric) Thanks