Thread: '98 GMC K1500 Suburan SLT

Default '98 GMC K1500 Suburan SLT 6.5TD

Well, I've had a ton of fun with this truck over the last few years, but I just got a truck through work and I won't be needed my trusty steed any longer. I don't want to let it set, so I decided the best thing for it would be to sell it. I bought this truck from Diesel Dave at Pete Moore down in Pensacola after several years of searching for the right truck. I flew down on a Friday afternoon and drove it the 1,200 miles home straight through. It's basically been a family/race car hauler. It's originally a Georgia truck and was garage kept while under my care. Here are the details.

'98 GMC Suburban SLT K1500 18x,000 miles
    Victory Red over silver with light gray leather
    3rd Seat
    All available options
    2005 GMC 8 lug alloys with oversize Michelin rubber
    Paint is pretty much perfect, but there are a handful of dings that were there when I bought it (appear to be hail damage) - likely an easy fix for a paintless dent guy
    Needs NOTHING!

Here's what I've done:
    - New AC compressor, receiver/drier and hoses
    - New PMD (I also have a spare with all gaskets that'll go with the truck)
    - New alternator
    - New steering linkage
    - New steering hoses
    - Recent brakes
    - New vacuum pump
    - New braided oil cooler lines (bullet proof!)
    - New quickheat glow plugs
    - New Bilstein shocks
    - Custom lighted running boards

No leaks whatsoever. Turbo has no endplay - spools up beautifully. The interior is in exceptional condition. The only real wear on the seats is the typical wear on the driver's seat. All others are pristine. Carpets are in great shape. The truck really doesn't need anything. Just get in and drive. It's been raining cats and dogs for days so I don't have pics yet, but I'll post them later this week. I figured I'd offer the truck here before it goes on ebay. Many heartfelt thanks to all of the folks that have helped me keep this truck truckin' over the last few years!
    Last edited by RobK; 08-21-2007 at 09:05.
    98 K1500 Suburban 6.5TD <br />bone stock (for now)

Whacha asking for it or did I miss something?
    Mark Chapman DP member #653;
    1983 K2500 6.2 Suburban, 4" lift, 35" tires, ATS turbo, Banks exhaust/intake, pyrometer, tachometer;
    1986 K5 6.2 Blazer, 2" lift, 33" tires, Banks intake, pyrometer, tachometer
    1963 wife, one owner, average mileage for the age but in excellent shape, a keeper
    1992 daughter, low mileage, pretty, limited edition, but requires some money to maintain
    1995 son, sports model, very fast & peppy, time will tell on durability and maintenance costs

"Grease is good"

I guess that would be useful info huh? I'm looking to get around $10k, but I'm open to reasonable offers.
    98 K1500 Suburban 6.5TD <br />bone stock (for now)