Thread: difference between Speedometer and VSSB readings?

Question difference between Speedometer and VSSB readings?

I have found a difference between the readings of the VSSB and the spedometer. the speed reading I get from communication with the PCM will give me a reading of - say 40 mph while the Speedo will read about 43 mph. I guess the PCM gets it's reading from the VSSB right?

This difference is probably due to speedo error, but I was just asking to see if this would be most likely the case.

I was wondering whether adjusting the VSSB will correct this difference or if the only way to correct is to have the Speedo Re-Calibrated?

Is this difference likely to cause an issue with the ABS?
    Noel

1998 (Badge Re-engineered)RHD GM-Holden Chevrolet Suburban K2500, 150k miles, Turbo Diesel 583Nm 200Hp, New 4L80E, 3.73:1, Rebulit T/case with New Housing, standard 245's factory 6.5" wheels. No Mods. Car Code OBDII interface with Enhanced GM data, test & command modes, data logging, live data etc.

Toyota HZJ80 Landcruiser 4.2L Turbo Diesel, 195k miles, 430Nm 210Hp. Mitsubishi Water Cooled Turbo, Through bonnet Intercooler, Advanced timing and increased fuelling, 12 psi boost, Boost gauge and post Turbo pyrometer. 5 Spd Manual.

I can't say about the ABS, although if I ventured a guess I would say it wouldn't interfere.

As far as which component is showing the correct speed, use a handheld GPS to verify your speed, first. Just as a double check.
    1998 K2500 Suburban 6.5L TD 3.73 rear, Ron Schoolcraft 18:1, Kennedy ECM & IC, Timing gears, Splayed main caps, 3.5" Kennedy Exhuast/No Cat, K&N Filter, Boost/Tranny Temp/EGT(Pre Turbo), Ceramic-coated Manifolds, 195 Stat's, 265/75's (VSSB Adjusted) 7,000lbs (on a scale) Remote Mount Oil Filter, Remote Oil Pressure Sensor