Thread: Convert 4 wire AC compressor system to 2 wire compressor?

Default Convert 4 wire AC compressor system to 2 wire compressor?

I just bought a '94 Suburban 6.5TD. It has a replacement AC compressor with only 2 wires going to it. It is not hooked up and there are two plugs with a total of 4 wires laying behind it. I looked at my brother in law's 94 with a 5.7. It has 2 wires going into the back of the compressor and 2 going into the front. We both have rear air. I assume the back 2 are for a speed or pressure sensor. My question is, can my system be made to work with the 2 wire compressor on it? If so, do I hook up the clutch wires only and leave the sensor dangling? Or, if it is a pressure sensor, should I jumper the wires to complete the circuit?

The two wires on the back are high pressure cut out (required for R-134) and the front wires are for clutch engagement. The cycle switch is on the reciever drier (The big can next to the fire wall).
    1995 Suburban K2500 6.5TD 3.73's Innercooled, Updated cooling, Banks 3" exhaust no gizzards in the kittie. Pyro/Boost/Trans temp. Transgo HD valvebody kit.
    2002 2500HD, CC, LB, 4X4,California Truck, Federal Emissions Front pipe, Plugged recirculator, modified air box(Per Kennedy's page) 6" RCD lift, 35" tires.

So should I leave the back wires alone or should I connect them? In other words, is the high pressure cutout switch normally open or normally closed?

If I remember correctly it has to be hooked up, the switch is normally closed until an overpressure. Do not quote me on this.
    1995 Suburban K2500 6.5TD 3.73's Innercooled, Updated cooling, Banks 3" exhaust no gizzards in the kittie. Pyro/Boost/Trans temp. Transgo HD valvebody kit.
    2002 2500HD, CC, LB, 4X4,California Truck, Federal Emissions Front pipe, Plugged recirculator, modified air box(Per Kennedy's page) 6" RCD lift, 35" tires.

Thanks. I guess I can try it both ways and see which one works!