Thread: CB Antenna

Default CB Antenna

Anybody find a good place to mount the antenna? I'm wondering if the bracket I used on earlier models can be modified to fit the 07/08s.
    2007.5 2500HD 4x4 LMM, 1LT, crew cab, blue granite metallic, XM radio, TT mirrors, accent bed cover, GM step bars, 2003 Harley Deuce, 2005 Roadmaster Campmaster 26' RV toy hauler.

Default Amateur Radio Antenna

Hello,

I had a hole drilled just about 2" in front of my 3rd brake light for my 2m/440 antenna. The antenna wire is routed above the headliner to my A-pillar and then down behind the dashboard. Looks clean and works well....

Jim M.
    '05 2500HD D/A CC SB 4x4 Silver LS ~65,000+ mi.
    Isspro EGT (pre-turbo) & Boost analog guages; 4" Magnaflow exhaust; Superchips programmer; Uni-Foam Air Filter; Boost stick w/ext.; Amsoil Lubrication products; Aux. fuel filter (Post OEM); FilterMags on oil, fuel, and trans; Bilstein shocks; Amsoil Dual Remote oil bypass; 60 gal. In-bed RDS Aux. fuel tank; Prodigy electric brake controller; VR3 Color Back-up Camera System, Battery tender
    '10 Coachmen FW 35RLDS ~35', 11k lbs.(loaded)

Default Radio Anti. Mounting

As Jim pointed out for his on the roof is a good location. If no holes drilled is the choice then look at fender brackets (only small holes on inside of fender) and a good quality anti. Or if you are inclined to installing headache rack and box rails then a larger number of options are open to you. On my rig (79 dooly 4x4) I run two anti on the front fenders (commercial and cell) on the headache rack-three--2m/uhf; atas120(hf-2m/uhf); 80m) and a mag mount in the center of the roof for aprs(automatic positioning radio system {gps}). The Truck is a rolling porcupine.
    1985 K1500-sold
    79 dually 4x4-soon to have modified 6.2/6.5l turbo
    1996 shortbox-extended cab 2WD 1500 6.5L