Thread: Test post and a question on forum use...

Default Test post and a question on forum use...

I'm new here. I'm posting mainly to see if I can, because whenever I click on a link in a post, I get prompted for a username and password. I enter and re-enter it several times and give up. I can't follow links from other folks' posts. I'm using Firefox, and don't have any trouble anywhere else. I note the site uses php, so it shouldn't be one of those stupid Active-X issues.

Is this a pay-only feature? Is there a pay membership option?

Thanks,

Doug
    1999 GMC K3500
    6.5 TD, stock
    4.10, limited-slip

NutNbutGMC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mitchedo View Post
    I'm new here. I'm posting mainly to see if I can, because whenever I click on a link in a post, I get prompted for a username and password. I enter and re-enter it several times and give up. I can't follow links from other folks' posts. I'm using Firefox, and don't have any trouble anywhere else. I note the site uses php, so it shouldn't be one of those stupid Active-X issues.

Is this a pay-only feature? Is there a pay membership option?

Thanks,

Doug
    Not a pay site. Could be several small issues, but first, as you log in, check the box to keep you logged in. That sets the cookie for pagination use as well as return to the site as logged in.

There is a members (fee) area for access to useful information, but your point and question has nothing to do with membership pay.

Welcome aboard.

Arrow

Welcome to the Forums!

Thanks for asking. Many folks beat themselves to death over this, then go away mad, never knowing. The Forums are absolutely free. The www.thedieselpage.com site (the original TDP site is an E-magazine, of sorts) is a subscriber site, requiring paid membership. Many of the links you will find in posts will link to that site. Some of the articles and product reviews are accessible to the general public, but most of the technical articles are available only to subscribers. If you are a GM Diesel enthusiast, a membership is a valuable tool to keep your rig on the road and happy. All of the articles, product reviews and technical information is original, and can be found nowhere else (legally). If interested in more info, please email Jim at turbo@thedieselpage.com, me at dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com, or go right to the subscriber application form HERE.

Glad to have you aboard!
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com