Thread: Blown Fuse no power to seat or pass windows

Default Blown Fuse no power to seat or pass windows

2006 cc 4x4 dmax lt continues to blow fuse. Currently at dealer for the second time, first time no problems with diagnostics, installed fuse and diagnotic $50 no warranty on fuses, only lasted a few days! The service writer stated it could have been from my cell phone cord? I stated my displeasure of paying for something that told me nothing. The symptoms are no power seats, no heated seats, and no passenger side windows. Anyone have a similar problem or know of what to look for?

First, I think that you know have a cause to have the fuse and the $50 diag covered if it continues to blow the fuse.

Only caveat is.....

Does that fuse control the cigarette lighter you plug your cell phone into?
    2007 Silverado, 3500HD, 4X4, CC, Long Bed, SRW, LMM Diesel, Navi, DVD, Roll-N-Lock Cover, ICI Running Boards, CoastalEtech GM Lockpick for DVD/Nav changes in Motion, Back-up Camera...

2006.5 VW Jetta Special Edition TDI - Blue Graphite - European Spec VW Fact. Nav Radio.

The fuse does not control the lighter/aux power output. The second time the fuse went out I wasn't even using the phone cord. The service writer said "a spike from the phone cord could have blown the fuse without blowing the fuse that controls the lighter/aux power" I said then what's the lighter fuse for if it doesn't stop the problem? We went back and forth with really no good explanation and I left before I got too upset, I will save that for the research survey! Hopefully monday they will know something, hopefully a real fix not some guess.

If its blowing the fuse in the underhood electrical center labeled MBEC1 than i would look at the wiring coming in thru the fire wall to the relay block under the dash just above your left foot. Look for a heavy gauge red wire rubbed to ground somewhere around that relay center.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC Tech View Post
    If its blowing the fuse in the underhood electrical center labeled MBEC1 than i would look at the wiring coming in thru the fire wall to the relay block under the dash just above your left foot. Look for a heavy gauge red wire rubbed to ground somewhere around that relay center.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks!! I talked to a service writer today and was told they found the problem, waiting on wiring harness, suppossed to call back with more details this evening.

was there a wire rubed bare from your parking brake pedal???? I've seen that too many times to count. It only rubs and blows when you set the brake so the first one took me forever to find since I wasn't setting the brake in the shop.

I ended up getting the truck back last night, warrantied and returned the first trips payment. Cliffs notes 25 amp rt door ciruit breaker over heated, suspect 1340 orange wire shorted, r&r both frt seats and verify harness routing. R&R bothe right door harness and inspect. Advised of other possible wiring short areas, inspected all areas, replaec right front door and right rear door harness replace 50 amp mbec1 fuse and rt door 25 amp circuit breaker. Verify operation of all switches, operating at this time.

glad you got it fixed and got your money back...
    2007 Silverado, 3500HD, 4X4, CC, Long Bed, SRW, LMM Diesel, Navi, DVD, Roll-N-Lock Cover, ICI Running Boards, CoastalEtech GM Lockpick for DVD/Nav changes in Motion, Back-up Camera...

2006.5 VW Jetta Special Edition TDI - Blue Graphite - European Spec VW Fact. Nav Radio.