Quote Originally Posted by klink k5 View Post
The pickup the engine is in sees a gravel road everyday, I farm in northwest Iowa, all of our gravel roads are pit run, redish sand and two mile treck to the nearst paved road. I know the outside of the 6.5 looks dirty as heck, but I live in the country and I use this truck (we'll I did) for daily farm chores. (Posted a picture of the pickup K2500 in my gallery, still haveing trouble posting pics here on this post), thank you all for the replys to this tread. I will have pics to post of my engine (bare block) as soon as I get my engine back from New York. Alot of stuff in the works to get my engine back, with a totally different block. Thats my update for now thanks again. Thanks for breaking down the date code for me, did you see the block casting number as well, wada you think on that?
Hey Klink,

Does International Diesel have the engine to look at it? Did they say they might do something for you? That would be more than you could ask from them for an out-of-warrantee claim. That is assuming what they sold you was a true AMG complete new engine and it wasn't some kind of blem. I certainly hope it turns out better than just owning a paperweight. I'd be pissed-off too!

Art.