Thread: Cracked 6.5L GEP/AM General Block

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by klink k5 View Post
    What dont you people believe?
    It's sort of like this:

I tell you I have a Snap-on wrench and it's a POS because it broke while I was trying to take a nut off. I called the Snap-on factory and they told me I had to contact the guy who sold it to me. The guy who sold it to me is not an authorized Snap-on dealer, but he sold it to me for less than an authorized dealer would have, so I bought it. He's telling me to pound sand. Good luck getting a decent wrench from Snap-on!

This raises the following questions:

How did the unauthorized seller obtain a Snap-on wrench? How is he able to sell it for less than an authorized dealer who bought direct? Could my wrench be a factory reject that should have been destroyed? A used wrench replaced on warranty? Stolen? A Chinese knockoff?

My guess is I got schnookered by the seller and if I can't get anything from him, that's the price of a low ball price. Next time I'll buy my wrenches from Harbor Freight. Not Snap-on, but still a lifetime warranty...
    Last edited by JohnC; 04-08-2008 at 09:37.
    The Constitution needs to be re-read, not re-written!

If you can't handle Dr. Seuss, how will you handle real life?

Current oil burners: MB GLK250 BlueTEC, John Deere X758
    New ride: MB GLS450 - most stately
    Gone but not forgotten: '87 F350 7.3, '93 C2500 6.5, '95 K2500 6.5, '06 K2500HD 6.6, '90 MB 350SDL, Kubota 7510

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    It's sort of like this:

I tell you I have a Snap-on wrench and it's a POS because it broke while I was trying to take a nut off. I called the Snap-on factory and they told me I had to contact the guy who sold it to me. The guy who sold it to me is not an authorized Snap-on dealer, but he sold it to me for less than an authorized dealer would have, so I bought it. He's telling me to pound sand. Good luck getting a decent wrench from Snap-on!

This raises the following questions:

How did the unauthorized seller obtain a Snap-on wrench? How is he able to sell it for less than an authorized dealer who bought direct? Could my wrench be a factory reject that should have been destroyed? A used wrench replaced on warranty? Stolen? A Chinese knockoff?

My guess is I got schnookered by the seller and if I can't get anything from him, that's the price of a low ball price. Next time I'll buy my wrenches from Harbor Freight. Not Snap-on, but still a lifetime warranty...

Just find a another snap-on dealer. I have a Matco toolbox and the slide for the top drawer broke and I called Matco to get a replacement and they told me I have to go through a dealer to get it. So then they gave me a number for a dealer in my area. But I know my snap-on guy will warranty it. If you send it to me I can get it warrantied for you. But you should be able to just have any snap-on guy replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1999GMC View Post
    Just find a another snap-on dealer.
    It was a metaphor....
    The Constitution needs to be re-read, not re-written!

If you can't handle Dr. Seuss, how will you handle real life?

Current oil burners: MB GLK250 BlueTEC, John Deere X758
    New ride: MB GLS450 - most stately
    Gone but not forgotten: '87 F350 7.3, '93 C2500 6.5, '95 K2500 6.5, '06 K2500HD 6.6, '90 MB 350SDL, Kubota 7510

AAHHHHH. Okay.

Default Read trough the post....

Sometimes I'm just glad I'm living in Sweden... That kind of deal would not be possible here.

No car, carpart or assembled engin/tranny or other big part would be sold new or even used without a valid waranty. even scrappyards(used carparts dealers) would at least leave a 1-3 month waranty on parts.

If a dealer wants to go arround tis he has to clearly specify "AS IS"

Naturally this does not apply to private sellers if you dont get it specified on the receipt.

I might live in one of the "MostTaxedPeopleCountry" but for some laws I'm happy
    Chevy G20 -88 / -94 drivetrain 6.5L