That is my point. There is no warranty expressed by AMG/GEP to the end user. Any warranty would be negotiated between the mfg and it's distributors. There is an implied warranty with all products produced and sold in the US. In that, the product must provide a service as described or advertised. Once a component is installed and placed into service (as with a government contract), the warranty ends. If a defect is discovered prior to or during installation or placement into service, the mfg must replace/repair the product. Any warranty between a civilian supplier and the mfg has to be negotiated and argued by the supplier. While not the experience you have, I do have experience with intermediate and depot level military aircraft component service, repair, engineering and sourcing (mostly flight control systems). I've worked very closely with Grumman, Lockheed, Vought and Bendix, among others, for several years, and their policies are the same as we are seeing with AMG/GEP. Many of their military products contracted to the military/government are marketed to the public. They also design and market non-military products of the same or similar technology to the public. If the ABS system in your vehicle had issues, you would have no chance of getting it resolved dealing with the mfg. You have to handle it through the distributor, GM, or whomever involved.

I think you are right about the vendor. Probably not an authorized AMG/GEP distributor. I wonder how they are sourcing them. Unless they are buying and selling seconds, discards, and/or returns, they would have to contract with the mfg in some manner. Or, they are sourcing them through another authorized supplier. I can't imagine AMG/GEP releasing sound products through uncontracted vendors. Too much assumed liability with that scenario.