Thread: Kennedy Custom Tunes MPG Gains for LLY's?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

He could well see some benefit, but it's hard to say. Experience tells me to stay away from this one. The quest for improved fuel economy requires driver participation and understaning to be effective. At the very least he'll need to use cruise control to steady his speeds. Slowing down will also definitely help.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Phil,

My first recommendation, besides obviouslt telling him to take it easier on the throttle, would be to install a set of guages. It becomes obvious when you are pushing the engine harder than necessary when you see that boost ramp up and the EGT's climb. Once he sees that, it might help him change his ways, then go for the custom tune. Also, I would hard wire his to the economy tow mode so he can't play with the performance setting because he would love that power too much to stay out of it
    \'05 Chevy 2500 HD LS CC/LB 4x4 D/A, Century Cap, Line-X Spray on bedliner, SS Nerf Bars, Lund Bug Deflector, 235/85R16E LTX M/S II, Kennedy Custom ECM Tune, Uni-filter, EGT/Pyro & Boost Guages