Thread: Wheel Spacers

Default Wheel Spacers

I am considering wheel spacers for the rear of my Suburban. I've looked around, and seen very little in the way of any feedback from those who have used them. What i would like to know from those who have used them or seen them used is:

1. What size did you use?
    2. Material (Aluminum or Steel)?
    3. Wheel spacing (1, 1.5, 2, or 3")?
    4. Experiences driving?
    5. Experiences towing?

Thanks

Thumbs up

Put them on (2" Billit aluminum) a few years ago.Noticeable improvement in cornering and ride. Also eliminated people from telling me I was offtracking when they were following.
    One of the best improvements for the money I have done for the truck. I retorqued them once and have never had a problem. Hope this is helpful.
    Dave
    99 sub 2500, 326,000mi, 4:10, 265-75-16 rubber, remote Dtech fsd and turbo master from Heath Isspro pyrometer and boost gauge-Kennedy, 1.94 TDCO, 3" custom bent exh.
    07 Suburban,08 LMM, Allison 6 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave NY View Post
    Put them on (2" Billit aluminum) a few years ago.Noticeable improvement in cornering and ride. Also eliminated people from telling me I was offtracking when they were following.
    One of the best improvements for the money I have done for the truck. I retorqued them once and have never had a problem. Hope this is helpful.
    Dave

Definitely helps.

Where did you get yours from?

I also put on 2" spacers. It makes a very nice improvement to wheel and tire appearance and the appearance of the truck. Looks good with 285/75's and OE steel rims. It might not make as big a difference with bigger tires or more offset rims???

I can't really tell any ride, cornering, or performance difference. I have towed pretty decent weight with them and they seem to have held up fine but I haven't taken tires off and on enough to tell if they will stand up to over zealous impact gun usage and do worry about that.

I can't remember who I bought them from; some older guy Ed or Frank ??? from a link on here or the place. I have seen a wide variety of price so do shop around.

I wish I did not have to run them as I like the hub centric fit of the OE wheels better than the lug centric spacer. I dream about one day trying to switch to daully hubs and axles and do a rear disc conversion. That would be my preffered setup I think.

Only little issue I had was a little rust and dirt on the hub which made the fit tight I had to wire brush it off and clean well to get the spacers to seat correctly.
    97 5spd K2500 Ext Cab short Bed ~160K miles.
    TM, 3" downpipe & 4" exhaust, remote FSD, remote oilfilter, Gauges: EGT, Boost, Fuel Pressure, B&W Gooseneck Turnover ball, Prodigy Brake Controller. Hi-Temp Hydraulic Oil Cooler Lines.

I picked mine off of ebay. Then about $77.00, now I saw them at $89.00. I searched GMC 8 lug 2 in. wheel spacer. They come with lugnuts.
    I am curious as to your results and opinion if you install them.
    Dave
    Last edited by DaveNY; 03-23-2008 at 19:00.
    99 sub 2500, 326,000mi, 4:10, 265-75-16 rubber, remote Dtech fsd and turbo master from Heath Isspro pyrometer and boost gauge-Kennedy, 1.94 TDCO, 3" custom bent exh.
    07 Suburban,08 LMM, Allison 6 speed.

Dave
    I'll let you know my results.

Thanks

Dave
    Installed. Definitely stabler, as it doesn't wiggle left to right as much. Haven't towed yet, but we'll see.