Thread: Windshield wipers go really slow...really slow

Default Windshield wipers go really slow...really slow

I have searched the site and I not find anyone who has wipers that when turned on move really slow. They seem to work and eventually it appears they go on normally. I have a 95 chevy 2500, 256K miles. Recently the wipers just stoped working properly. they wipe about once every 3 minutes. Any suggestions?
    1995 Chevy 2x4 pickup 2500 with 260K miles and no Mods.
    1963 Barracuda Convertable 318 no mods.

Arrow

There was a recall for the 1995 wiper motors. You symptoms could be caused by the reason for the recall (sounds like it). If it hasn't been repaired/replaced for this yet, the recall should still be in effect for your truck. The TSB is #03023. It doesn't specify an expiration for the coverage.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

If you have the problem that i had and everyone else has had, the solder joints on the circuit board are broken for the connector. Reflowing the joints with the solder fixes the problem.

Look at theses solder joints under magnification. If they are broken, solder them first before you buy anything.

Take off the modual cover and operate the wipers in the dark...if any joints are bad, you will see arcing in the joint. Also spay the hole wiper unit real good with contact cleaner. spooge some electrical insulating compound( like dow corning DC-4) on the circle contact thingys and you'll be good to go

2 of my chevys had the wiper problem. The only thing I can add is to take the circuit out of the truck and spend a few minutes looking at ALL the solder connections under a magnifying glass. You can have more than one loose connection!!!! Good luck and let us know if this works for your truck.
    94 Chev Blazer, 6.5TD, 3.42, 4WD,Gear drive,,Remote FSD behind drivers headlight,,Mobil 1 in difs and trans,Rotella 30W, Over a quarter of a million miles !! Member -1.94 club.