Thread: Can You Find The Missing Socket?

Question Can You Find The Missing Socket?

Can anyone tell me where what I believe my AC Clutch Cannon Plug is supposed to go? If you look in the pictures you may see the two places that I guessed, the burnt white mistery plastic behind the pulley, or the threaded hole in the back. Any input helps and take care everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JoeX87000031

1994 Chevrolet Silverado
    K3500 6.5L Turbo Diesel
    5 Speed Manual
    Crew Cab Dually
    135000 Miles
    F VIN 10000lbs GVW

It's been a while since I worked on that style A/C compressor, but if memory serves, the electrical connector plugs into a matching female plug near the clutch itself. Those two wires of that connector are what energizes the clutch (ground & positive).

Jim

The two pronged connector you show in the first piccy should plug into a connector somewhere very close to where you show in the piccy on the front of the compressor.
    On some models there will be a plug on the back of the compressor that is a high pressure cutout and hasd a small round connector that plugs into it.

There are only the two plugs on this style of compressor.

Now depending on whether someone replaced the compressor with one from an earlier model rig the plug could be a different shape.

Good luck

Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

I concur with Robyn, that connector on my 95 model is the clutch connector. If you have not someone before you may have replaced the clutch hub and put it on upside down. I would check the circumference of the clutch hub for that connector.

Mike
    1995 Suburban K2500 6.5TD 3.73's Innercooled, Updated cooling, Banks 3" exhaust no gizzards in the kittie. Pyro/Boost/Trans temp. Transgo HD valvebody kit.
    2002 2500HD, CC, LB, 4X4,California Truck, Federal Emissions Front pipe, Plugged recirculator, modified air box(Per Kennedy's page) 6" RCD lift, 35" tires.