Thread: bumper replacment

Default bumper replacment

anyone have any experience building their own front bumper replacement? I really like the bullnose from ranchhand but am hesitant to pay the money and increase the front end weight by 220 lbs.
    Sold: 98 2500 ext cab long bed 4x4 auto 166k, Lubrication Specialties oil cooler, FSD cooler, Walking J "feed the Beast" mod, Heath HD lift pump, SSdiesel turbo back exhaust, Heath mechanical boost controller, Softtopper camper top, boost, egt, fuel pressure gauges

1970 El Camino SS, built 355, aluminum heads, Lunati cam, intake, 800 cfm edlebrock, Tremec 5 spd, QA1 Coil over all around, Wilwood discs up front, 3.73 Posi 12 bolt, Viper Red

2012 Audi A3 TDI- Love it! 45 mpg!

Thumbs up bumper

I have the Ranch hand rear bumper (cost me $25 lol) and I gotta tell you I have NO FEAR of backing up in the bush anymore. Sure they weigh a lot but they are an easy install good fit and built like a tiger tank. I will be getting a front just as soon as another Semi hits the frount end of the truck the last one made quite a mess of the rear end.
    Al
    Original D.P. Member #750, 2009 Ext Cab LB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Black, Linex, 1993 6.5 TD 4x4 reg cab LB, 5 speed, 1972 Pontiac Lemans, 94 cady De Ville

I built a replacement bumper out of rectangular tube steel for my Toyota after an inattentive driver "reconfigured" the stock one. It turned out fairly nicely for what it is, but if you're looking for the Ranchhand "look" then you're obviously looking at a bit more work. All depends on the tools at hand and your skill and ingenuity as far as making one.
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

yeah, the more research I do the more I think that the metal work is a bit out of my league.... and i don't have access to a pipe bender or bead roller
    Sold: 98 2500 ext cab long bed 4x4 auto 166k, Lubrication Specialties oil cooler, FSD cooler, Walking J "feed the Beast" mod, Heath HD lift pump, SSdiesel turbo back exhaust, Heath mechanical boost controller, Softtopper camper top, boost, egt, fuel pressure gauges

1970 El Camino SS, built 355, aluminum heads, Lunati cam, intake, 800 cfm edlebrock, Tremec 5 spd, QA1 Coil over all around, Wilwood discs up front, 3.73 Posi 12 bolt, Viper Red

2012 Audi A3 TDI- Love it! 45 mpg!