Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State of Affairs at Kennedy Diesel

Default State of Affairs at Kennedy Diesel

Some may have noticed my Forum participation has been a bit sporadic for a while and quite low as of late. My purpose for this post is to explain this a bit. Sales have been exceptionally high as have Tech calls which keeps me quite busy. We are also in the middle of a Family medical crisis. Initially Carol had been simply saying that I was gone to a "medical emergency" and naturally some people assumed it was me. The reality is that I am doing fine, it's my Dad that is having medical issues.

For the last year or so, I've been somewhat preoccupied assisting my Parents with their new property and plans to build their retirement home. Back in Dec 2005 my Dad had a mild stroke so I've also been working on assisting him with his Retirement under disability. After about a year of fighting I think we have finally gotten this resolved, but now bigger issues loom. Around Easter he started having severe headaches. He toughed it out until April 13 (yes Friday the 13th) when he went in to the Clinic. His blood psi was very high so they gave him a prescription and scheduled more testing. On Monday April 16 he had a MRI scan. Shortly after getting home from the appointment he received a call telling him to come back ASAP to be admitted as he had a brain tumor. On April 21 he had surgery to remove as much of this tumor as they could. On April 24th he was released. He is now home awaiting the lab report and direction of treatment. Throughout this ordeal I have taken the lead contact role as eldest son. It's been incredibly difficult to keep up with what is going on and very stressful. I think I have finally gotten through to his various Doctors that I have the Medial POA, and that Myself and my Brother are listed on the "Medical info disclosure" paperwork so that we can speak freely with the Doctors. What a PITA to deal with these guys.

What does the future hold? We won't know until his next appointment. For Myself, I don't think I'll be out at many events this year and many of my pet projects have been put on the back burner for now. I guess I'll just have to let my customers' trucks do my talking at the various events across the Nation.

I would like to thank you for being understanding. I haven't exactly been the friendliest guy on the phone (especially as of late) and I always duck order taking and refer people to our Web store. This way I can keep on the Tech stuff and Elaine and Carol can handle the order processing. That said, I remain the on the "front line" and answer the phone over 90% of the time. During the past few months I'm certain I have been excessively short at times with some people. Primarily EGR blocker questions (supposed to be self serve from web store) as there's no way that I could keep up with these calls without the web support and online ordering. I'd like to thank you for reading this and understanding. Thanks again. Getting this off my chest makes me feel much better.

JK
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Best of luck with your father's medical issues. Thanks for keeping on the front lines while this is all going on.
    ---------------------
    1998 Chevy silverado 3500 4x4, 6.5TD, 215000 miles, 4L80-E, 4.10 ratio, 6" lift, gauges and intercooler... and a newly rebuilt engine on new block and heads!

The thoughts of myself and my family are with you and yours. Ed
    Ed
    KM4STL

'06 Sierra LBZ 4x4 Crew SB, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, TTT/Schefenacker Mirrors
    '98 Suburban, 245,000 - sold 7-4-06

I will say a prayer for your father, and to help you find peace in the middle of life struggles.

No God, No Peace. Know God, Know Peace.
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

Haven't had too many dealings with you, but last order was definitely pleasant.

My prayers are with your father and with you and your family.
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Default We are praying for you John

We are with you John. I've been through brain surgery. It was ruff! But my family and God got me through it. Let us know if you need anything. I'm sure many here can and would help.
    Praying for you and your's,
    dave
    Dave, N9LOV
    Member #242
    Dave's Diesels:
    Sold June, 07 '82 1/2 ton 4X4;340k miles
    '97 2 Dr Tahoe, Intercooled,
    Kennedy ECM, 4" Exhaust
    '02 GMC

Default Best Wishes

Best wishes for you and your father, John. I hope all works out well.
    Tom Ashley 2004 6.0 2500HD/Silverado CC/SB/4x4

John,
    My thoughts and prayers to your Dad and to You and your Family.
    I was just thru a crisis with my Dad, He was operated on before Christmas for Breast Cancer, he is 72 years old

God Bless

William

Default John's Dad at top of my Prayer List

John,

Being in the medical field I can feel exactly what your frustration is.

Your Dad does not need to be doing anything but concentrating on getting better. He is very lucky to have a son like you to take care of his affairs.

Wish him well for all of us, and may God grant you unlimited patience in dealing with all the hurdles you must cross.

Mike Cooper
    07 Silverado 2500HD LT3 D/A CC SB, Astro cap, all in Blue Granite Metallic. H2 chrome wheels with 265/70-17 Pirelli Scorpions. Autometer Boost and Pyro mounted overhead. Luverne stainless nerf bars, BedRug, PML trans pan and high cap diff cover.

03 Cardinal 31BH travel trailer weighing in at 9600# loaded and ready to go.

2 x 07 Sea Doo GTX PWC's, 3 Passenger and able to tow skier, tube, etc

02 VW Jetta GL TDI automatic, 42 MPG winter, 47 summer, 96K.

00 VW Jetta GLS TDI 5 speed, Rocket Chip 3 Euro with hi flow injectors. 48 MPG winter, 54 MPG summer. 142K.

Best wishes for your father, for you, and for your entire family.

Dave
    2005 Silverado 2500HD CC LS Duramax/Allison

Sorry to hear that news, John...

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Chris
    1999 F-250 PowerStroke Crew Cab Short Box Lariat 4X4
    Fumoto, Turbo-Master, MBRP 4", Billet Triple Disc TC, HD TransGo Tugger, AIS, Triple Pod, Autometer Phantoms, SPDiesel Overboost Eliminator, SCT Tuned By Tadd @ Elite Diesel Performance 75/100/125 and DP-Tuner 80 Econo PCM, Sirius Radio...
    2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Sport 4X4
    Stock for now...
    My Gallery

Default Best Ever

John,
    All the best to you and your family. I have had some family medical issues as of lately and know how tough it can be. You have the best Gm Diesel parts/customer service out there.... your exhaust from 2001 is still going strong on my crew cab...Thanks..Todd
    2002 Duramax/Allison 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed LT 4x4 Dark Carmine Red. 127,000 Miles. Plowing,Pulling or Racing!!. Just bought 2002 D/A ext Cab Landscape Dump 72,000 miles.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, John.
    2016 GMC SLT 2500 CC 4x4 Duramax All Terrain 59K
    1995 GMC 2500 EC 4x4 6.5TD,236K,Custom Tuning,HX40W-II turbo,Amsoil Bypass Filter,KD Exhaust,FSD Cooler,KD Headlight booster,Hi-cap Cooling
    TDP member #14

Thanks guys. Wednesday is the day. Pathology should be back, prognosis and treatment plan.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.

John, prayers are being said for your and your family.
    2002 GMC 2500HD D/A CC SB 4x4 SLT pewter, juice, 4\" Kenndy exhaust, Amsoil air filter, ICI running boards, Truck Trunk bed box, aux tank, Superglide 5th wheel, 36ft Holiday Rambler, GCWR 22000

Best of fortune to your dad after his bad luck.

They say family accompanyment (? just being there ) is as important as the medical technology.
    tom m
    '95 6.5td 4L80E 3500/srw p/u

John
    Pat and I wish you and you're family the best and may your father's health improve as each day goes by. Our thought's and prayers are with you.

Please keep all of us informed.

Patience and stability are what makes sons like you a blessing.

Ponch
    2007.5 GMC 3500HD SLT cc,2wd, dm/allison,everything but the dvd,,amsoil equiped,vortex sprayed in liner,alcoa "Hot Shots", michelin 235/85 R 16 E, Bremen runnung boards ,Dura flaps, highway products box,Air ride hitch, Lund bug and window shields,WHITE of course!

I'd like to thank you all for your concern and sympathy. I don't want to say too much here and burden with details, but I just thought I would give an update. My Dad is now undergoing Chemo and radiation. He is in relatively good spirits. He knows that statistically speaking the end is relatively near. Much too early as he just turned 60, but he has come to terms with it.

This is a great Community and the support has been overwhelming. It has also been particularly helpful to have Mdrag who is a Radiation Oncologist to turn to for simple, to the point answers without any dancing around.

My goal at present is to finish the "cabin" and figure out some sort of "facilities" so he can spend as much time there as he wants.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner

John,

My prayers are with you & your family, going through exact same scenario with my Dad & his colon cancer right now, I've found that prayer helps when nothing seems to, and humor when you can find it is uplifting as well.
    Tim, 98GM K1500 6.5TD(L56/L65), Heath PCM,3.73 gear,4L80 tr,4" exh,Amz air filt&dual oil flts, Heath remote FSD, TDO-7 clone turbo, Heath fan clutch,mandrel crossover, pilar gage BST/EGT/TRN, remote elec fan tran cool,alum trn pan

John, our prayers are with you, your family and your dad. I know your pain and what you will have to go through. Been there done that. My dad left here a long time ago with cancer. Chances are so much better now for treating it. If by some chance he doesn't see improvement in responce to the treatment I'd suggest contacting M.D. Anderson in Houston. They are the best in the world at treating cancers of all kinds. Sure it would be inconvienent, but you still gotta try to have the best care available. I will offer rooms in my house for you and your family to stay in should you so choose to pursue that avenue of treatment. I'm only about an hour and twenty minutes from the Medical Center. Whatever you all choose to do, we are all with you. Remember all you can do is all you can do. Put it in God's hands and then follow your inner gut feelings as to what you should do, which you probably have already done, since you are trying to fix a cabin for him. I don't doubt that you could just mention when you would be working on the cabin and you'd be surprised how many folks might show up to help with the fixin.
    02 2500HD LT D/A SB CC 4X4 BLACK, Westin stainless nerf bars, BW GN Hitch,Racor 60S post oem fuel filter, Oil Guard bypass engine oil Filter. All synthetic fluids. Kennedy boost valve, edge, Modified air intake,EGT & Boost digital gauge,TransferFlow combo fuel & tool box, Air Lift Suspesion Bags Rear & compressor with remote, Bilsteins front & rear, Frontier front replacement bumper.