Some may have noticed my Forum participation has been a bit sporadic for a while and quite low as of late. My purpose for this post is to explain this a bit. Sales have been exceptionally high as have Tech calls which keeps me quite busy. We are also in the middle of a Family medical crisis. Initially Carol had been simply saying that I was gone to a "medical emergency" and naturally some people assumed it was me. The reality is that I am doing fine, it's my Dad that is having medical issues.

For the last year or so, I've been somewhat preoccupied assisting my Parents with their new property and plans to build their retirement home. Back in Dec 2005 my Dad had a mild stroke so I've also been working on assisting him with his Retirement under disability. After about a year of fighting I think we have finally gotten this resolved, but now bigger issues loom. Around Easter he started having severe headaches. He toughed it out until April 13 (yes Friday the 13th) when he went in to the Clinic. His blood psi was very high so they gave him a prescription and scheduled more testing. On Monday April 16 he had a MRI scan. Shortly after getting home from the appointment he received a call telling him to come back ASAP to be admitted as he had a brain tumor. On April 21 he had surgery to remove as much of this tumor as they could. On April 24th he was released. He is now home awaiting the lab report and direction of treatment. Throughout this ordeal I have taken the lead contact role as eldest son. It's been incredibly difficult to keep up with what is going on and very stressful. I think I have finally gotten through to his various Doctors that I have the Medial POA, and that Myself and my Brother are listed on the "Medical info disclosure" paperwork so that we can speak freely with the Doctors. What a PITA to deal with these guys.

What does the future hold? We won't know until his next appointment. For Myself, I don't think I'll be out at many events this year and many of my pet projects have been put on the back burner for now. I guess I'll just have to let my customers' trucks do my talking at the various events across the Nation.

I would like to thank you for being understanding. I haven't exactly been the friendliest guy on the phone (especially as of late) and I always duck order taking and refer people to our Web store. This way I can keep on the Tech stuff and Elaine and Carol can handle the order processing. That said, I remain the on the "front line" and answer the phone over 90% of the time. During the past few months I'm certain I have been excessively short at times with some people. Primarily EGR blocker questions (supposed to be self serve from web store) as there's no way that I could keep up with these calls without the web support and online ordering. I'd like to thank you for reading this and understanding. Thanks again. Getting this off my chest makes me feel much better.

JK