Thread: 2500HD Duramax improvements 2003-2008

Default 2500HD Duramax improvements 2003-2008

I would like to know what improvements were made to the 2500HD 4WD Duramax from 2003-2008. I know the cooling system was upgraded as was the engine and trans. I guess I would like to know everything there is to know about the improvements made to the truck including new interior features. For example: Did the max towing rating increase? Also if there were any changes in horsepower rating.

We are full-time RV'ers and tow a 5th wheel. We have 104,000 miles on our truck right now.

I need help to convince the wife that upgrading to a new truck is necessary. (Don't tell her I said that.) Thanks!

traveler,

The best place to start looking for answers to the questions you asked is the content side of TDP... Click on the Duramax 6600 Diesel Page link at the top of the screen. There are a number of articles that will address most of your questions. The search feature will turn up more info and I'm sure other members will chime in as well.

Bill
    03 2500HD D/A CC/SB/4WD,OilGuard, MegaFilter,LiftPump/PreFilter, Bilsteins,RetraxRollTop,J&J Boards,Coolant Filter,AlliDeepPan,FastIdle,AllHeadLightsOn,
    98 K3500 6.5,SOLD