Thread: Tranny fluid leaks...

Default Tranny fluid leaks...

For work, I bought 3- 2007 2500HD LBZ's with Alli's new about 18 months ago. Mine has about 55k on it, one is in the 45k range and the 3rd is still in the 30k mile range. The 2 with the most miles have both started leaking tranny fluid from the cooler lines. The spot where they go from aluminum to rubber and back to aluminum is leaking on both trucks.
    Has anyone else seen this? Is it covered by the 100k powertrain warranty? I figure hoses are usually not covered in warranties but where these are prefab'd compression connection assemblies, there is no way I should be held responsible.

Any input, TSB's, advice on changing them would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jesse

Arrow

I don't have the number handy, but there is a TSB for this, and a passive recall as well, IIRC. There was a discussion about this a month or two ago, and several folks who had it fixed under the policy chimed in. Also, it should be covered by the 100K warranty. Tranny cooling lines are not considered belts/hoses, like a radiator, heater hose, or other wear item would be. The advantage of the TSB/recall is the deductible is waived.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com