Quote Originally Posted by JetBoater View Post
Thanks everyone.

The P400 was designed to run with a charge-air cooler on the HMMWV's... so it will be interesting to hear what the Franklin engineer recommends.

Many people have told me an intercooler will provided a noticeable difference in power.... that is why I plan to install this. I will also look into your water/alcohol injection suggestion Robyn.

Having an intercooler will lower boosted air temps by 100-200 degrees F, depending on lots of factors. A water/alc injection system can as well. However, adding both won't double the cooling effectiveness. It's all about delta T. Water/alc won't make a significant difference when combined with an intercooler - for most 6.5 owners. I tried water/alc on an intercooled 6.5, and found adding water didn't make a measurable difference in EGT (constant load on a 6% grade, then switched water on/off).

An IC is the best solution. It's always there; no space is lost to a water/alc tank & plumbing, no need to replenish a consumable supply, and no worry about winter freeze-ups.

Competition diesels are benefited from having both, mostly due to big boost numbers.

Jim