Thread: P400 Turbo Diesel 4x4 Dually

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A picture of me and someone else... you can probably figure out who I am.

Nice Truck! I to just went through new engine blues.I bought a peninsular 18:1.They have good reputation.Just had reflashed computer installed yesterday. Hooked on to my fifth wheel today for maiden pull this weekend.Good luck!!!
    98 c/c l/b 4x4 dually 6.5td i/c,boost cntrl,boch h/f,4in straight ex,boost/pyro guages &h/f air

Have a great long weekend d.h.!
    I regret that I did not do the 18:1 which was a standing option I had turned down. It will definately add life to your power plant!
    Cheers!

I also got the Penisnsular 18:1, hi-pop injectors and a new IP (and the Phazer gear drive). Fuel economy is up from 9.25 mpg to around 11 mpg, and there's POWER there under the bed (diesel pusher motorhome ). And that's not "truck bed", it's a queen-sized bed .
    '94 Barth 28' Breakaway M/H ("StaRV II") diesel pusher: Spartan chassis, aluminum birdcage construction. Peninsular/AMG 6.5L TD (230HP), 18:1, Phazer, non-wastgated turbo, hi-pop injectors, 4L80E (Sun Coast TC & rebuild, M-H Pan), Dana 80 (M-H Cover), Fluidampr, EGT, trans temp, boost gage. Honda EV-4010 gaso genset, furnace, roof air, stove, microwave/convection, 2-dr. 3-way reefer. KVH R5SL Satellite. Cruises 2, sleeps 4, carries 6, and parties 8 (parties 12 - tested).

Stand-ins are an '02 Cadillac Escalade AWD 6.0L and an '06 Toyota Sienna Limited.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyk View Post
    and there's POWER there under the bed (diesel pusher motorhome ). And that's not "truck bed", it's a queen-sized bed .
    But you have to make your bed, I can just hose mine out!
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

I just asked my supplier from WW Williams (Rod Townsend), what the compression ratio was in my P400. He advised it is 20.2:1

I also asked for the recommended maximum boost... he replied 28 psi at 2000 rpm provides max torque.

Is the 28 psi at sea level?

I am running 12 lbs of boost MAX at full pedal. Do I dare run a larger turbo and increase to these levels?

I am running the strongest commercial 6.5 available.... all comments welcomed.

Note: I will be adding an intercooler in next month or so.... and will dial in the max boost at that time. It should be broken in by then.

Arrow

28 PSI is a bit unbelievable, especially if it is a 20.2:1 engine. And, not knowing what turbo is in service, is well out of the efficiency range of most of them.

28 PSIA is 13.3 PSIG at sea level. Perhaps that's what he meant?
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com