Thread: Blow by on 07 LBZ

Question Blow by on 07 LBZ

I have a 07 LBZ with a Predator in 85RWHP and AFE Stage 2 air intake. I've been running this configuration for a little over a year now with no problems. I recently installed the 4" MBRP cat delete exhaust system. After the install, I started to notice an oil leak that was dripping off the passenger side of the transmission. I traced it back and it appears to be coming from the intake into the turbo. If I drive normally the leak seems to go away. If it get on it for a period of time, the leak comes back. I'm assuming this could be potential blow by. Has anyone had or seen this problem in the past? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Brian.

...possibly unburned fuel/oil vapor/soot/etc returned through the EGR system?

Blow-by should be evident with the oil fill cap removed, engine running after warm-up. Whats that look like?
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

I spoke with a tech and it maybe excess oil being returned from the crankshaft through the breather tubes. I did notice some oily residue near the boot connecting the pipes to the air charger. When I get time this weekend, I'm going to take off that boot and see if how wet the inside of that pipe is. If that's not the problem, then maybe bad seals in the turbo, however you would think that I would get an oil drip all the time and white smoke coming from the exhaust, which I do not have.