I have a pending misfire code, P0302, on an early 2004.5 LLY. In the freeze frame data for the code, it shows the pulse width for the injector to be really high (1.5ms) as compared to the others, and the injector balance rate is much higher that the rest, about +9 if I remember correctly, while the rest are some positive and some negative, but none very far from zero.

Question: Does the wiring fault that sometime happens on the LLY cause a misfire code and funky balance rates? This truck has supposedly had the wiring repair done before.

2nd question: Is there any warranty on the LLY injectors after 100k? This vehicle has 118k on it. I called my local dealer and talked to a service writer whose command of the English language was weak. She had me read her the last 8 of the VIN and said "no warranty". These dealers seem to be all over the board on the warranty issues so I thought I'd check with the experts here.

3rd question: Assuming there is no warranty and the injector needs to be replaced, is the number 2 injector that difficult to do? Book time seems pretty high, around 5 hours.