Thread: 01 injectors

Question 01 injectors

has anybody bought injectors from anywhere other than the dealership?
    i found some very good prices from 2 places..but leary about buying anything other than gm's although they are all remans. anybody have any input on this?

Welcome...try GMpartsdirect.com; First check with a GM dealer and find out the date your vehicle went into service. The injectors are covered under the extended warranty of 7 years from the date the vehicle was first placed into service OR 200,000 miles, whichever comes first.
    You will find many great sources of information here. They have helped me by giving great suggestions and advice. You may want to include details on your vehicle and location in a signature block on your threads. Also include mileage, symptoms etc. with your questions.
    Again Welcome abord and good luck with your injectors.
    I just had my injectors replaced under the warranty. It's very expensive with labor cost...Let us know along the way what you do to fix the problem. Take care!
    2001 GMC 2500HD CREW CAB 4X4 D/A Lucerix X-Mount, Fumoto Valve, 100% Amsoil,
    Leer High Rise Cap
    Discover America in a D/A!
    2003 Cougar 30' T/T SOLD!
    JD 2210
    1987 Corvette
    Member #4307

thanx for the input..my truck is 4 months over the special policy for the injectors...i have 153k on it with all original injectors and already started to take it apart myself. just tryin to save some money by buying injectors online rather than the dealership..

Arrow

Have you, at any time while it was under warranty (the 7 years, 200K), had your truck at the dealer for any engine related or running issue? If so, you may want to take a closer look at the issue. You can get a dealer to stand with you for support in regards to the injectors. At the very least, they can meet you half way on most things. Even being out of warranty, the dealer can work with you on this. Don't settle on the answer of just one dealer. Shop around for support.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

I;ve called several people at general motors because the head gaskets were done 8k miles ago while still under special policy..i paid for that. they told me that there was no way gm was paying even a portion of it. i was told that i was on my on my own and good luck getting my truck fixed after they checked into the situation. several people at gm told me they wouldn't pay for anything.