Thread: looking for help

Cool looking for help

hey guys long time no hear havent had any prolbems with my new engine until yesterday driving through missouri going up a good size hill truck downshifted and then loss of power pretty much fell flat on its face let off the gas went back into over drive no prolbem THEN later that day started from a dead stop could not get the truck to go over 2000rpm once again fell flat on face no acceleration at all check engine lite came on took it to the shop this morning after sitting all night engine lite still on headed for dealership lite went off still have the prolbem if i over accelerate it looses power in the downshift sometimes cant get over 30mph any ideals totally stock lb7 except hi flo muffler

Arrow

Sounds like a plugged fuel filter, but it could be any number of things. Pull the codes before trying to guess what really happened.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Hey Dennis - I assume this is the LB7 I sold you. How many miles on so far?
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rinker View Post
    Hey Dennis - I assume this is the LB7 I sold you. How many miles on so far?
    almost 50 thousand after reading some of the other post im pushing for the fuel filter im gonna try changing that today prolbem is all we have here is autozone

Default Same problem

Hi, I'm new to this forum, have a 2004 3500 with a 6.6L and Allison with 48K miles. I ran into the same kind of problem last night on the tail end of a 10 hour ride. Engine light is still on. Can I pull the codes as you put it without a special tool and if not what would be a good one to buy (not to expensive). Thanks

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mcorrive View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this forum, have a 2004 3500 with a 6.6L and Allison with 48K miles. I ran into the same kind of problem last night on the tail end of a 10 hour ride. Engine light is still on. Can I pull the codes as you put it without a special tool and if not what would be a good one to buy (not to expensive). Thanks

Mike

Mike, Autozone stores are offering free code reads. Unless there's some sort of message on the message center/DIC, there's no way to tell what might be setting the codes. Could be the transmission, fuel system or some related sensor..... Gotta get the codes. I use a Predator programmer to read codes and look at real-time engine data. The Predator is relatively cheap, but has a lot of functionality beyond the usual power levels and speedo correction. These days I use it only for code reading and diagnostics.

Jim

Hey guys im new on here to and i have a 2001 GMC and it has been doing the same thing and i have changed the fuel filter and had codes read and sometimes it says there is a large leak in the fuel system and last time it said bad ECM and i changed that and it still does it i have had it at 2 or 3 shops and at the dealership 7 times and no one can figure it out . it is about to drive me crazy and i am ready to get rid of the truck but i have so much money tied up in it now that it would be hard .i have had to put a new trans in it at 265000miles and had the brakes rebuilt so you see how much money i have tied up in it. i have a 2007 chezy 2500 and it is awsome i have never been in a diesel truck with as much power as what these trucks have so all the help you can give would be greatly appreciated