Thread: Fuel Additive Suggestions

Default Fuel Additive Suggestions

Hey guys, with winter coming, I want to use the best fuel additive to help with water, lubrication, clean injectors and everything else that makes a diesel run smooth. Currently I am running Standyne Performance Forumla every tank full. Should i keep doing this? I dont want to replace my injectors again like i had to do awhile ago. Is TOO much alcohol free additive a bad thing?

I know this topic has been repeated again and again but I wanted some second opinions. Thanks!
    1991 Chevrolet Silverado 3500, 6.2L. 125,000 miles -Sold

2007 Chevrolet Silverado LBZ - R.I.P

2001 Chevrolet Silverado LB7-- Sold

2011 GMC Sierra, LML- 39,000 miles. All stock

There was a discussion about this the other week, including a clear explanation of the effects of alcohol.
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

I use the Amsoil Diesel Concentrate.

I know for you cold weather guys they just came out with the Diesel Recovery to get you going if you gell up and the Diesel Concetrate with cold flow improver to help prevent gelling.
    [CENTER]2005 Silverado 4X4 CC LB LLY [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Air Lift Bags, [COLOR=black]Amsoil F2B[/COLOR], KB IOH Kit, BD Manifold, Fumoto Valve, PCV Reroute, Resonator Plugged, Mag-Hytec Diff Cover & Trans Pan, PPE X STD, 4" SS Magnaflow Kitty Ran Off[/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://www.duramaxfilters.com"]www.duramaxfilters.com[/URL][/CENTER]