Thread: How to set high idle on 08 6.6

Default How to set high idle on 08 6.6

Anyone used the cruise control set switch to set a high idle

Have tried but no success

Does it have to be a certain temp outside for this to operate

I have floored the gas and pressed the brake 3 times to get the message high idle on-but if I understand correctly this is the automatic high idle and the cruise contol should be available to set a constant high idle for various purposes not just related to a cold start

Truck has to come with high idle feature, not to be confused with the elevated idle when it gets cold out. The high idle feature was an option for $200.00.
    08 Blue Granite Silverado LTZ, DMax/Ally, CC/LB/4x4, Cab lights, Camper mirrors, Brake controller, Sunroof, Park assist, and skinny tires

06 Jetta TDI

00 Jayco 263RK (2nd home)

upgraded to an "09" Ranger 619VS/full windsheilds, w/an ETEC 225HO, T8 kicker, Minnkota 101 Terrova, and Lowrance electronics.

Real Trucks have LONG BEDS!

Default high idle with DIC/remote start

We have a 2007 Silverado HD2500. It does not have the DIC controls on the left side of the dash, but rather, toggles with the odometer reset.

I bought the wife the extended range remote start for Xmas, and was wondering if it will engage the high or elevated idle automatically? The dealer advises that if I spend another $107, I can buy the DCI for the left side, which can enable the higher idle speed when cold. Currrently, we use the accelerator to the floor and three quicks taps of the brake pedal to activate.

Sorry, I don't yet have the owner's manual - dealer says it is 'in the mail'

Thanks,
    Rick

Arrow

Have you checked into the FACTORY REMOTE START key fobs yet? Some people bought these trucks w/ out remote start but the vehicles were built with "remote start ready". All it took was purchase the remote start key fob kit from your GM parts dealer and then have the GM TECHNICIAN reprogram the BCM and/ or the RCDLR. I haven't had to do one of these for awhile. If you send me your VIN in a private message and can check to see if the vihicle is remote start ready.
    1998 Chevy k-2500 454 147,000 miles and climbing!

1993 Pontiac G/A Big Block 3.3 Liter 140,000 miles and still going too!

Yes, the vehicle was remote start ready, so we ordered the 'kit' which consists of two key fobs ($150) and the dealer will deal with the BCM etc tomorrow ($70). I am wondering if the remote start replicates the normal start process in cold weather, such as turning the key to the 'on' position for pre-heat before engaging the starter. It has been -30 C here for overnight lows.

Thanks

Would this apply to a 2006 that does not have remote start?

Thanks.

Ed
    Ed
    KM4STL

'06 Sierra LBZ 4x4 Crew SB, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, TTT/Schefenacker Mirrors
    '98 Suburban, 245,000 - sold 7-4-06

Quote Originally Posted by afp2007 View Post
    Yes, the vehicle was remote start ready, so we ordered the 'kit' which consists of two key fobs ($150) and the dealer will deal with the BCM etc tomorrow ($70). I am wondering if the remote start replicates the normal start process in cold weather, such as turning the key to the 'on' position for pre-heat before engaging the starter. It has been -30 C here for overnight lows.

Thanks
    There was a reflash to the ECM this summer/fall that I believe waits for the glow plugs to heat prior to starting. The reflash updated quite a few different things and this was one of them if I remember right! You should of got a recall for this reflash as it was part of a safty problem.
    08 Blue Granite Silverado LTZ, DMax/Ally, CC/LB/4x4, Cab lights, Camper mirrors, Brake controller, Sunroof, Park assist, and skinny tires

06 Jetta TDI

00 Jayco 263RK (2nd home)

upgraded to an "09" Ranger 619VS/full windsheilds, w/an ETEC 225HO, T8 kicker, Minnkota 101 Terrova, and Lowrance electronics.

Real Trucks have LONG BEDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Runaway_Dmax View Post
    There was a reflash to the ECM this summer/fall that I believe waits for the glow plugs to heat prior to starting. The reflash updated quite a few different things and this was one of them if I remember right! You should of got a recall for this reflash as it was part of a safty problem.

Thanks for the info. We just got the vehicle, used about 6 weeks ago. Anyhow, we had the remote start installed on Friday, and with temps about -25C for a high, the vehicle seems to run at a fast idle when warming up. An unrelated incident was yesterday I noticed, a bit of transmission fluid under the vehicle that was not present the day before, so have called the dealer, who has advised that they have had a few calls the past week about leaks