Thread: Does a PowerStroke need "special Attention"?

Default Does a PowerStroke need "special Attention"?

I may borrow my daughter's truck in July. I know that I had a witch's brew to add to every fillup of the ole 6.5. Does the powerstroke benefit from fuel additives as the 6.5 did? Thanks!
    OOps sold my "baby" - 96 K-2500 6.5TD - ~047,068mi, Isspro's Boost, Pyro, and Tranny temp; Heath Plate Remote mounted FSD; Amsoil Fluids and Air; Bilsteins, BD Down Pipe-Gutted CAT-& B-D'ized 3.5 Kennedy exhaust; '97 cooling upgrade; CAD upgrade; new IP at 34,700 under warranty; Homemade: Boost fooler, Hi/Lo idle, OPS relay, TCC Lockup ( TFT), Glow extender for AC60's, & "GMC H..'s" 6 position Shift modifier .

If it's a 7.3 you should have a good experience. If it's a 6.0, you may or may not. Seem to be a lot of 6.0s running around which havn't had problems, according to the diesel specialty mags, but I haven't met anyone who hasn't had their share of problems with it. Aslo seems like those who had problems got kicked around petty bad by the dealerships for warantee stuff.
    I don't see how you could go wrong with any good additive that's endorsed by Jim and the rest of us here on the DP. I've used a lot of Standyne and D.S. over the years, and have no complaints.
    Good luck.
    DW
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.

Default NRA Annual Meeting here in Phoenix!

Thanks for the info, Dick. I'm on the potential "volunteer's list" for the annual meeting in May. Can't afford Saturday night with Rush, but hoping my gal Sarah makes it to the Friday forum.
    OOps sold my "baby" - 96 K-2500 6.5TD - ~047,068mi, Isspro's Boost, Pyro, and Tranny temp; Heath Plate Remote mounted FSD; Amsoil Fluids and Air; Bilsteins, BD Down Pipe-Gutted CAT-& B-D'ized 3.5 Kennedy exhaust; '97 cooling upgrade; CAD upgrade; new IP at 34,700 under warranty; Homemade: Boost fooler, Hi/Lo idle, OPS relay, TCC Lockup ( TFT), Glow extender for AC60's, & "GMC H..'s" 6 position Shift modifier .