Thread: tires and lift? on dually

Default tires and lift? on dually

i dont think i have ever posted this much about a truck i bought,i have a 93 4x4 ext cab ,i was wondering whats the biggest tires i can put on it stock and if i lifted it what can i put on it then i know im limitedthe with in th rear and do i have a lift option i would like around 3-5'' lift(do not want body lift) and would like the truck to set level since i want be towin anything real heavy with it and has anyone one ran bfg kos on the truck i have ran them alot befor and got great milage out of them

Howdy

On the IFS trucks there is really no good way to lift them other than a full lift kit.

The quicky tweek the bars sucks and just fouls up the steering geometry something bad.

The kits are spendy but if you want 5 inches that about the only way to do it on these rigs.

I had a 92 Burb with a 6 inch suspension lift, a 4 inch body lift and 35 inch tires. Whoa what a monster that was.

Super lift and others offer some good products that will get the job done.

Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

If you don't want to go the full suspension lift route. You can get new torsion keys which are indexed differently than the stock ones to allow about 2 inchs of lift in the front, then you can either add a leaf in the rear or blocks to gain 2 inchs or so. My 99 GMC sierra could use a little lift, but unfortunately I can't do a suspension lift due to having to haul a gooseneck horse trailer. I tightened the torsion bars to level the truck out after I got it just over ayear ago, but now my new tires rub a little in the front and was looking at getting some new torsion keys to hopefully get my truck sitting as high as the stock HD's.

I have read that you can run 33's with the torsion keys on the body style I have, not sure what you can run with your's.

I currently have about 10 to 12 k on my BFG A/T KO's. On the heavier rigs you don't get the kind of milage like the small suv's/trucks can get. My dad had a 99 Chevy crewcab with these tires and said he got about 40k out of them. My wifes jeep liberty has between 25 and 30 k on them and they look like they have a little less to about the same wear as mine on my truck.
    I gots me 2 GMC's and a Jeep
    71', 99', and an 04 Liberty
    In loving memory of my son Nicolas Allen "Cole" Carter 10/5/05

Thumper

You can lift your rig if you desire, we used to pull the trailer with a 97 Ford 350 Stroke and it was a bunch taller than the GMC even in stock trim.

You could do 4" easily and not have any issues other than maybe "Missy" getting anal about it.

RC
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

33 would make happy does anyone know if just lifting the front of my 93 3500 will be enough for 33's,i have had about 5 sets of the bfgs and always got about 50-60k on them im sure i wouldnt see that much with the heavier truck,but the most i would ever tow would be a small car trailer

You should be able to fit 33" tires without a lift on a K3500. The 235/85/R16 tires I run are about 32" and there is plenty of room.
    1993 K3500 - Peninsular 18:1 engine, marine injectors, high capacity cooling, AL Core Radiator, 3" DP and 4" exhaust, ISSPRO Gauges, Girdle, AMSOIL Dual Oil Filter System, 1997 Air Filter(trashed the K&N), 395K on Body, 165k on engine.
    1997 GMC Savana - 6.5 TD
    1966 CJ5 - V6 Gas - highly modified
    1967 Jeepster - Stock
    1986 Jeep CJ7 - Stock
    1993 Grand Cherokee - 6.2 diesel
    2007 Grand Cherokee - 3.0 diesel

I had 255/85-16s on the truck in the avitar with no problems. I recall they were 33" tires.

Oh, on a dualy you may have problems with them rubbing together in the back...
    The Constitution needs to be re-read, not re-written!

If you can't handle Dr. Seuss, how will you handle real life?

Current oil burners: MB GLK250 BlueTEC, John Deere X758
    New ride: MB GLS450 - most stately
    Gone but not forgotten: '87 F350 7.3, '93 C2500 6.5, '95 K2500 6.5, '06 K2500HD 6.6, '90 MB 350SDL, Kubota 7510