Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
Always prime before installing but, the engine will drain out a lot and the cooler will be dry usually at this point.

During a dry (NO Fuel) startup the amount of cranking can really take its toll on the starter and batteries.

With the plugs removed the engine spins at twice or more RPM and does so easily.

The entire spin up and bleed out should take only a few minutes.

(other than replacing the plugs)

Just an easy way to do it.

Robyn
Robyn, i always respect your input as you seem to have a great deal of knowledge on these mills, I did learn a thing or 2 from you ,and you are pretty witty too explaning things. but there are more than one way to skin this cat.

Here is my way, I drop in the engine minus the fuel filter,finnish the installation,leave the dr side inj lines finger tight. fill up with oil,turn the oil pump[per my last post] till entire system is purged and pressuredup,bolt the pumpdrive on ,install fuel filter,prime fuel up to the IP inlet. loosen dr side inj nuts, crank engine till fuel at inj,[ takes only 1/2 min]button them up.crank to start takes only a couple of sec before it fires up.oil pressure is there before it fires.

You be the judge.
Simon