Thread: @#$%$ injectors, anyway...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default @#$%$ injectors, anyway...

I had seen the tiniest bit of smoke lately, but just attributed it to cold weather... (K3500 SRW LBZ with only ~67K miles...)

I do recall one isolated incident of 'lopey idle' after a long pull, on the last long trip to Florida and back in February. Mileage has seemed reasonable for an LBZ and heavy/wide towing. Power has seemed fine, no oil usage or dilution.

Today, only 400 miles into a 9000 mile, four boat, "MN to MI to IL to CA to MD to FL to home" trip taking place over the next 6 weeks...I pull off I-39 at Beloit, WI to stop for the night - and the truck is shaking and idling really rough at the end of the exit ramp.

Scan tool indicates that three injectors have abnormally high return rates.

What rediculously bad timing. Calling ahead to Karl Chevrolet in Des Moines tommorrow to make sure they have the injectors in stock. The plan is then to continue to Port Huron, MI and unload boat#1, return empty to Chicago to get boat#2 loaded, and then get down the road a bit, closer to my extended family in central Iowa, for the inevitable day or two of downtime needed to get 8 new warranty sprays...

I hope the injector gods will allow me the miles needed to get situated.
    Last edited by Mark Rinker; 03-09-2009 at 19:36.
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K