Thread: Pesky transmission leak.

Default Pesky transmission leak.

Took the GMC down to a local guy named Jaime, this morning, to have a long-term tranny drip checked out. Blasted things off with degreaser and dried them out. Started up and idled it for 1/2 hour, going through the gears a few times. Can't find the leak. Took it out on the freeway for a quick run of about ten miles. Still can't find the sourse! Looks like it might be around an electrical connector on the right-rear of the trans? Nothing definite.
    Had them drain the fluid and change the spin-on and re-fill with full synthetic, just because I had 36K on it since I had changed-flushed and put new filters on/in. The old fluid looked and smelled like new.
    Anyone with a leaking connector over there on the RR of their Allison?
    I've had to add about 3 quarts over the last year, two of them this winter.
    Do you see any reason for concern? I had decided not to worry about it, when I left Vermont, back in the fall. Just thought it was something that I should address before we took off for the west side in a week or so, but can't see where it is at this time. My intention, now, is just to keep my eye on the flued level and try not to fret. Whadda-ya think?
    Dick Wells
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.

Default Transmission leak

Dick,

Look at my post for tailshaft leak 2-3-09. You could have the same problem I had with the tailshaft yoke leaking (same yoke 2x4 or 4x4). The fluid leaks out in such a fine mist while driving that it doesn't even get the U-joint wet. You may not see any dripping since it only leaks when you are moving.

John
    *2006 Chevy, 3500, 4X4, DRW, (LBZ) D/A, CC, LT, 252K Miles, 19.5" Wheels, Mag Hytec Transmission Pan and Differential Cover, SS Grill Guard, Racor 2 micron aux fuel filter, 100 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank, using Edge Evolution, Predator Diablosport, Kennedy ECM tune, Fitch Fuel Catalyst.

*2006 Four Winds, Dutchman, 36', RV, D/A, 5500 Kodiak.
    *1993 Harley Davidson, Turbo charged, Springer Softail.
    *2007 Pontiac Solstice.
    *2005 Jeep, Liberty, CRD (diesel).
    *Full-timing in USA, see America first.

BUY AMERICAN or CANADIAN, NOTHING from CHINA .