Thread: Good to be back

Default Good to be back

I had a lot of fun at Bowling Green, but it sure is nice to be back. Now to recover and dig out from the hundreds of emails. I did try to keep up with what I could from on the road. The tough part now will be to figure out which ones I missed...

Once again, the phone is growing from my ear...

Couple of quick trip notes:

For some reason, my Cellcom phone would not work in Bowling Green at all. Once we got out of the BG area it worked fine. Never got a reply from Cellcom to my trouble ticket. Sounds like it's time to move on.

We stayed at the new La Quinta in BG. Within a couple of hours of checking in (napping at around 4pm) someone entered our room switched on the light and left. Dingbat at the front desk apparently gave out our room again. A few minutes later the front desk called and asked who I was. At 11pm when we went to return the cards did not work. Another Guest in the hallway came down and apologized. Said that they were given our room by mistake, saw the bags and left. The front desk then apparently changed the code so we went down and got the new cards while she (same clerk) was busy trying to sort out another guest's dilemna of a botched resevration (no 2 bed rooms left). Back up in the room at midnight the phone rings and she asks if this is Axxx or something like that. I said no this is Kennedy, the guy who's room you tried to give away twice now. Suffice to say, we took everything of value everywhere with us...
    Last edited by Kennedy; 05-14-2009 at 07:26.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

This is why I like to stay with Tom Bodet when I travel. He even leaves the light on for us.

John H
    2004 Chevy K3500 CCLB DRW Duramax. Stock.

1992 Sea Ray 300DA. 30 plus foot Express Cruiser on a trailer. 13,500# boat and trailer and 69' of combined length rolling. Over length/width permitted load.

SOLD-95 GMC K2500 SLE 6.5L TD, Relocated PMD to bumper #9 res., Custom Lowes special induction tube, Triple gauges on the pillar EGT, Trans, Boost, High Idle Mod, TCC-Lock up Mod, Custom Back up camera, DIY Manual Wastegate Controller, 4" from down tube to 5" stacks, Vac Pump Removed,2007 wheels, WMI by Cooling Mist 8gph @3psi 11gph on demand

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post

We stayed at the new La Quinta in BG. Within a couple of hours of checking in (napping at around 4pm) someone entered our room switched on the light and left. Dingbat at the front desk apparently gave out our room again. A few minutes later the front desk called and asked who I was. At 11pm when we went to return the cards did not work. Another Guest in the hallway came down and apologized. Said that they were given our room by mistake, saw the bags and left. The front desk then apparently changed the code so we went down and got the new cards while she (same clerk) was busy trying to sort out another guest's dilemna of a botched resevration (no 2 bed rooms left). Back up in the room at midnight the phone rings and she asks if this is Axxx or something like that. I said no this is Kennedy, the guy who's room you tried to give away twice now. Suffice to say, we took everything of value everywhere with us...
    This happens WAY too often to me on the road...rediculous.

Years ago (1988) my entire family was checked into various rooms in the same hotel where I was getting married. The night of the bachelor party, I came wandering in about 3AM, three sheets to the wind, and got off the elevator on the 4th floor, instead of the 6th floor.

Well, the key for 625 also worked on the door on room 425...happened to be the room my parents were staying in...

Good and bad. (Didn't disturb anyone that already hadn't been inconvenienced by me before...although, my parents don't drink, and I think the first thing that I slurred was..."What in the hell are you guys doing in MY room?" or something similar...)

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

I don't think there was a Motel 6 in BG, but suffice to say, that everything was pretty well booked up. This one is very new so they weren't quite full. That and it was a walk across the street to Cracker Barrel...
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.

I also commented about the lack of any parking for trailers. We managed as did others, but there was nothing.

Read the response (unedited) from the follow up survey and you might see a key part of the problem:

Dear John Kennedy, Sorry for any inconvenience while your stay with us.About the parking lot we tried to leave more space but by the city code we have to have some green in parking lot that took away so much space. We are sorry that desk Clarke messed up your room keys. It should not been happened. Some time computer not react properly and this things happened.but this is not accuses,we will check in to this matter and make sure this thing never happened again.I hope you will understand. We like that all guest leave happily from our hotel. Next time if you have to come back to Bowling green please give us a one more chance to serve you and we promise you will have a pleasant stay. Please bring this email with you and we will give you 20% off your next stay. Thank you.

Sincerely,

La Quinta Inn & Suites Bowling Green
    Kennedy Diesel-owner

I bet the owners were WASPS at least second generation. HA
    Sorry to be pro American and anti emigrant, I know some of my ancesters were emigrants, but we all now speak and write good english.
    If only I could spell and type all would be well.
    I traveled for 30 years and developed a sense for motels and ownerships. 100 plus nights a year will train you well.